Balde

What do you really think to Balde?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a mod edits your post it doesnt tag it as having been edited.

I have had complaints from other quarters about this activity.

DurhamFox said:
If a mod edits your post it doesnt tag it as having been edited.

I have had complaints from other quarters about this activity.

I hope I have been pressing quote as a means to reply and not edit and believing at the same time I have pressed the quote button. :confused: :confused: :icon_conf :icon_conf

Anyway the results of the vote so far are quite interesting. The number of people voting for him to be fined has surprised me so far.

beaumontfox said:
yes me!!

and i wanted the 'wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire'.... grr

I'm not into golden showers really.

Why don't we get a collection together (all City fans not just on here) and sue Balde for our loss. :102:

Steven said:
Why don't we get a collection together (all City fans not just on here) and sue Balde for our loss. :102:

brilliant idea Steven :038:

why would we need a collection tho?

wouldn't of thought it would cost too much to start proceedings. Silver fox could advise us on this

Why concentrate on the negative?
Why don't we collect for some flowers for Wes?
ymca.gif

MKFox said:
Why concentrate on the negative?
Why don't we collect for some flowers for Wes?
ymca.gif

Good idea MK,we will leave it to you we've all heard how much you like handling a bunch of Pansies.

highland fox said:
Good idea MK,we will leave it to you we've all heard how much you like handling a bunch of Pansies.
:038:
in yer dreams campo...

Strachan Defends Balde Challenge

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan believes Bobo Balde's leg-breaking challenge on Leicester teenager James Wesolowski was an accident.
Balde's challenge led Leicester manager Craig Levein to say: "It was disgraceful, it was disgusting, it was malicious and it was intentional."

But Strachan, while expressing his concern for the player, insisted that there was no malice on Balde's part.

"Sometimes there can be accidents on the football field," he said.

"The referee has to decide if there is intent and I don't even think he gave a foul. He was the guy closest to it - not me or Craig Levein - and he decided there was no intent.

"There is a blame culture in this country. But you cannot blame someone for every incident.

"What we need to be concerned about is the lad and we are now hoping the lad gets back to full fitness because until that point he was having a good game, he was enjoying himself.

"We wish him all the best and I will try to get in touch with him as soon as I can but I have been out the country since eight hours after the game finished."

Levein was adamant that Balde's tackle was malicious.

"I will be very disappointed if we do not get an apology from Celtic and from Balde in due course," he said.

"That sort of thing has no place in the game. The tape is going to the FA."

Australian Wesolowski was taken to hospital where he underwent surgery to insert a pin in his shin.

Levein confirmed on the club's website: "The surgeon was happy with the way the operation has gone.

"But we won't know for a good few months whether it has been successful or not.

"Wesolowski is still in hospital and will be released on Friday. We don't know how long he will be out of action for yet.

"It is a case of monitoring his recuperation at the moment and seeing how that goes."

BBC Sport

Hi guys

Been busy up at Tynecastle so no been catching up again (things lookin good up our way in case anyones interested BTW!)

ive missed the debate, but this is a topic thats been going on up north for ages. basically, baldes a big enthusiastic lump with no finesse, class or judgement IMO. Because of this, he has commited a few late challenges in his career.

However, I'm firmly of the belief that hes just shit at timing rather than malicious. I dont think anyone in scotland (outside rangers probly) would say balde is a deliberate thug, just a clumsy ****in oaf who, because of his size, will cause injuries, whether hemeans to or not.

Not excusin it, i really feel for the young laddie and wish him a speedy recovery. Leveins reaction doesnt surprise me, hes always been fiery and utterly sure of his own opinion and i dont doubt he believes hes right. but i think hes wrong on this one

big celtic bastard tho he is, baldes known as a nice guy and i hear hes pretty upset about it himself

youngscot said:
Hi guys

Been busy up at Tynecastle so no been catching up again (things lookin good up our way in case anyones interested BTW!)

ive missed the debate, but this is a topic thats been going on up north for ages. basically, baldes a big enthusiastic lump with no finesse, class or judgement IMO. Because of this, he has commited a few late challenges in his career.

However, I'm firmly of the belief that hes just shit at timing rather than malicious. I dont think anyone in scotland (outside rangers probly) would say balde is a deliberate thug, just a clumsy ****in oaf who, because of his size, will cause injuries, whether hemeans to or not.

Not excusin it, i really feel for the young laddie and wish him a speedy recovery. Leveins reaction doesnt surprise me, hes always been fiery and utterly sure of his own opinion and i dont doubt he believes hes right. but i think hes wrong on this one

big celtic bastard tho he is, baldes known as a nice guy and i hear hes pretty upset about it himself

Morning. Ive just seen the tackle myself, I must say it didnt look deliberate to me. Yes it was a late, over enthusiastic high tackle and should have been punished, and shouldnt be seen in football let alone a friendly match. But I must say ive put tackles in like that, not meaning to, just in desperation to get the ball, thankfully Ive never broken anyones legs tho, just numerous parts of me!:icon_cry: What does annoy me about it, is the fact that he big oaf didnt seem to be bothered, just carried on as if nothing had happened, and has since not said a word. That to me is a sign of weakness, just abmit what you did was wrong and apologise to the poor kid

It didn't look a leg breaker I have to say.
Nasty stuff happens in football and this was one of those.
I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been in contact with Wes...
Hope W makes it back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670