Bands you really despise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take That are excluded from this thread

They are not a band, they are a group.

Actually they are a band.:icon_razz

They can actually play instruments
If you are counting Mark Owen strumming three chords on an acoustic guitar, and Barlow tapping a few keys on his piano to mean "a band", then don't.

Howard can also play the piano and Jason can play the guitar quite competently.(As can Mark)

Though I think Howard would much prefer to be doing his Club-DJing round Europe!

Just because they started off as the basic boyband image(sings and dances and does nothing else-though it was never quite like that for TT as Gary was writing a fair few of their songs) doesn't mean they've stayed that way:icon_razz

Whether you like them or not, they are damned good at what they do, back then and now! And I'm quite pleased they are back(Ben isn't, he just sees all the money he gives me being spent on more men who aren't him!:081: )

Small minority? You do know their dvd has been at number 1 for six weeks right?

I had absolutely no idea their DVD was number 1, I didn't even know there was a DVD chart, but that really proves nothing in fairness.
Only a small minority of women would by any DVD, of any artist, so the fact that they're number 1 in a DVD sales chart actually proves my point, so....erm...NER!

of course you might say it doesn't account for taste but wouldn't we be boring if we all liked the same thing!

Yeah, true.
But at least we wouldn't have to suffer Take feckin That :icon_lol:

Scouting For Girls...heard their latest in the car on the way to work...feck me the lyrics are dogshite. I wonder what someone like Mark E Smith would think of them.
Nothing, he hears worse lyrics in the rap, and the female singer type of scene.

The Fall, in particular Mark E Smith.

I wonder what Scouting For Grils would make of this shit;

The Fall said:
Hey diggy diggety dog
Hot aftershave bop
Furniture defrost
Bop aftershave hot
Hot aftershave bop

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,,2273680,00.html

I like this article which takes extracts from Mark E Smith's autobiography....that's all I was relating my comment to

'Lads today are a bit too open like this anyway: going to the doctor's every five minutes telling them how depressed and distanced they feel. I think it's because they've got too much time and space to think about themselves. You don't get lads like that in Russia. It's not part of the culture there. It's a uniform, if you ask me: an identity. You can hear the whingeing in their music. It's stale. They should stop hiding away in their bedrooms with their computers and get out a bit'

Last edited:
http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,,2273680,00.html

I like this article which takes extracts from Mark E Smith's autobiography....that's all I was relating my comment to

'Lads today are a bit too open like this anyway: going to the doctor's every five minutes telling them how depressed and distanced they feel. I think it's because they've got too much time and space to think about themselves. You don't get lads like that in Russia. It's not part of the culture there. It's a uniform, if you ask me: an identity. You can hear the whingeing in their music. It's stale. They should stop hiding away in their bedrooms with their computers and get out a bit'
And I agree with it, but "whingeing in music" is hardly a new phenomenon. But to be fair to Smith, he probably doesn't know the last 30 years has even existed.

Last edited:
I've heard Mark E Smith talking in a pub in Manchester,he makes me sound jovial

Up there on songs which I despise.

The Ting Tings - It's Not My Name

It's a 21st Century 'Hey Mickey!' in a sugar-coated Indie style because the clothes, the two band members wear. It's even more annoying that the bird is supposed to be from Salford yet singing with a mockney accent.

Quite often I hear bands being interviewed and they get asked about their favourite new artists, this shite gets a lot of mentions.

It's fcuking bizarre.

Up there on songs which I despise.

It's a 21st Century 'Hey Mickey!' in a sugar-coated Indie style because the clothes, the two band members wear. It's even more annoying that the bird is supposed to be from Salford yet singing with a mockney accent.

Quite often I hear bands being interviewed and they get asked about their favourite new artists, this shite gets a lot of mentions.

It's fcuking bizarre.

I'm quite a fan of thier two songs I've heard, Great DJ and That's Not My Name, both quality songs in my opinion.
I haven't seen any videos or pictures of them so can't tell whether they trying to be indie kids but I don't get that impression from their music.The album is out tomorrow which I will be getting.
Also, I agree about The Zutons, ****ing awful.

I'm quite a fan of thier two songs I've heard, Great DJ and That's Not My Name, both quality songs in my opinion.
I've just read in another thread that you're not sure if you're drunk or sober. Do you want my opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566