Bankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take you pay cheque there and get cash for it.

Have you got 15 types of valid id?

Pay Cheques !!?? I shall be working for a reputable high street Bookmakers not 'Shifty Stan'.I shall be paid straight into my Bank Account

So I'm best not telling them I have another one ?

That would be fraudulent misrepresentation. I doubt it would be in your best interests to do that. I would think that a bank would run a check before giving you a Basic Bank Account and that would certainly unearth your existing account.

So I'm best not telling them I have another one ?

Unless you have a change of address from the other account, they will probably already know about it. :icon_wink

Cash converters are like the modern day pawnbrokers and prey on the unfortunate.

Cash Converters is a pawn brokers.

They make money where they can, wish Id thought of it.

Cash Converters is a pawn brokers.

They make money where they can, wish Id thought of it.

Is it, the ones the I have seen just cash cheques. Then again I have never been in one........yet.

That would be fraudulent misrepresentation. I doubt it would be in your best interests to do that. I would think that a bank would run a check before giving you a Basic Bank Account and that would certainly unearth your existing account.

I didn't mean it Boc,I shall tell them if they ask :)

The one in Nuneaton is def a pawn brokers.

I'm not sure that they are pawnbrokers in the traditional sense of the word. They don't accept pledges, they simply buy second-hand goods without a promise that the seller can buy them back. They do however offer 'wage packet advances' and 'log book loans' which are similar in effect to what a pawnbroker would offer.

I doubt though that relying on Cash Convertors is a single step in the direction of financial stability. It's a place for the dishonest, the desperate and the ill-informed.

I'm not sure that they are pawnbrokers in the traditional sense of the word. They don't accept pledges, they simply buy second-hand goods without a promise that the seller can buy them back. They do however offer 'wage packet advances' and 'log book loans' which are similar in effect to what a pawnbroker would offer.

I doubt though that relying on Cash Convertors is a single step in the direction of financial stability. It's a place for the dishonest, the desperate and the ill-informed.

Or the people of Nuneaton as they are more commonly known!

I didn't mean it Boc,I shall tell them if they ask :)

I'm sure you didn't. And of course if they don't ask, you don't have to volunteer that information - but I am sure they will make themselves aware of it anyway.

And you should remember that every attempt to obtain a bank account or loan is entered on your credit file. Lots of such attempts will in itself look suspicious and cause the bank to make further checks.

HF I have an old empty biscuit tin, if you have a bed you can put it under?

My credit file could not be any worse so that part doesn't worry me.I'm moving to a different part of the country.I shall just say I want a new account because i'm starting a new job and i'm now single etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669