Bargains & Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
After just taking delivery of my Omen box set for £6.99 (RRP £59.99) from HMV and thanks to MK :038: I thought we could do with a thread linking to all the good deals available when we spot them.

Anybody who views Martin Lewis etc, send your deals in here :icon_wink

Cheers, MK :023:

After just taking delivery of my Omen box set for £6.99 (RRP £59.99) from HMV and thanks to MK :038: I thought we could do with a thread linking to all the good deals available when we spot them.

Anybody who views Martin Lewis etc, send your deals in here :icon_wink

Cheers, MK :023:

I will be setting up a separate forum for this sort of thing, but as it will be mostly me advertising offers that will earn me commission I will be making it viewable only to non members and people who specifically opt in to see it.

:icon_lol:

You're not allowed to :icon_lol:. You can't possibly know what Durham meant. Even I'd forgotten until I MSNd him and he reminded me.

You're not allowed to :icon_lol:. You can't possibly know what Durham meant. Even I'd forgotten until I MSNd him and he reminded me.
I was laughing at the irony of calling a Mrs Ice cream selection, a "six pack".

So I think I'm entitled to laugh even if it was a different meaning.

half price jubbly ice pops at tesco at the mo

Also 3 cases of 18 cans of carlsberg for £20

Last edited:
I was laughing at the irony of calling a Mrs Ice cream selection, a "six pack".

So I think I'm entitled to laugh even if it was a different meaning.

OK. You're excused.

I was kinda thinking that hotukdeals, martinsmoneytips etc would be the ideal place, and then link the offer on here so that Jeff gets the click if he's affiliated, or whatever the word is.

I've got some shitty tacky Mallaig Car Stickers in the Bargain Basket...99p each or two for 30 Bob

The shrewdies use Quidco which gives them back the commission instead. Sorry Jeff.

The shrewdies use Quidco which gives them back the commission instead. Sorry Jeff.

I don't know why the online stores do business with sites like Quidco.

The idea of commission based internet marketing is to encourage sites to promote stores and products, resulting in more sales for the store, and enabling websites to earn some cash.

But when someone buys from a cashback site, the site itself is doing no marketing on behalf of the store, and the buyer is usually just buying something they would have bought anyway. What it is doing is costing the store more of their advertising budget, for little return, and it's costing lots of small websites one of the few ways they can earn some money.

It might benefit consumers in the short term, but when the stores realise their marketing budget is being wasted because people are just going to Quidco to get some money back they'll end up increasing their prices to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46