Barnsley post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic away performances in the last two games and showed Worthington's tactical nous and ability to grind out results.

We were solid, held a good team shape, were disciplined and most importantly we soaked up what pressure they applied and then counter attacked with purpose, given more quality and composure we would and should have won by 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Classic away performances in the last two games and showed Worthington's tactical nous and ability to grind out results.

We were solid, held a good team shape, were disciplined and most importantly we soaked up what pressure they applied and then counter attacked with purpose, given more quality and composure we would and should have won by 3 or 4.

I'll go with that.:038:

That has happened before.

In 1983 when we thought we'd been promoted after drawing our last game of the season, and finding that Fulham had lost at Derby. But the Derby match had been finished early due to a pitch invasion and it was a few days later when the decision was made that their result stood, and we were up.

I remember that day as I travelled all the way from Worthing , where I was living in those days, and didn't know ought about the possibity that the result would not stand till I got to the train station in London on the way home and phoned the wife to say what time I was getting back for her to tell me we might not be up after all!!!!!!!!!! What a relief when they made that later announcement. Of course no mobile in those days

Would you like to do a similar analysis on our three home defeats under his tutelage?

I am sure that you will have noticed that our away record was better than Preston's (who finished in 7th-place) and almost as good as SOuthampton's (6-th place) and West Brom's (4th-place). So perhaps away games are not where our probems lie. Meanwhile only Southend took less points on their home ground than we did and even the mighty, but disgaced, Leeds won ten at home to our half-dozen.

It is simply unacceptable for any club with ambition to manage to win only one more point at home than they did away.

Would you like to do a similar analysis on our three home defeats under his tutelage?

I am sure that you will have noticed that our away record was better than Preston's (who finished in 7th-place) and almost as good as SOuthampton's (6-th place) and West Brom's (4th-place). So perhaps away games are not where our probems lie. Meanwhile only Southend took less points on their home ground than we did and even the mighty, but disgaced, Leeds won ten at home to our half-dozen.

It is simply unacceptable for any club with ambition to manage to win only one more point at home than they did away.

Totally agree Boc. I think (tactically) it is always easier to 'do a job' away from home than it is to go and attack sides - particularly when at the Walkers...

Totally agree Boc. I think (tactically) it is always easier to 'do a job' away from home than it is to go and attack sides - particularly when at the Walkers...

agreed because we aint got the goal power at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670