Barnsley - Saturday 19th April 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't originally planning to go to the match.
I bought the Barnsley ticket on impulse, immediately after the Colchester match.

The only other way i have found is if you brought a Railcard for £24 that would give you a 1/3 off and then the total journey price would be £84.

:icon_cool

The only other way i have found is if you brought a Railcard for £24 that would give you a 1/3 off and then the total journey price would be £84.

:icon_cool

What railcard will Jeff buy ?? :icon_conf

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

i refer to the train group saver offer mentioned on the first page...

i rang up east mids trains today and they told me that the group saver offer does not run on the trains specified..

Can anybody clarify this? has anyone bought group saver tickets yet?

i rang up east mids trains today and they told me that the group saver offer does not run on the trains specified..

The train companies do sometimes restrict these tickets on days when they're expecting a lot of passengers, such as football matches. It's not listed on this page though.

As far as I am aware only FGW (First Great Western) restrict the use of GroupSave tickets on certain trains - Jeff has already pointed out the reference to this.

What ticket did you ask for? If you asked for GroupSave tickets to Sheffield or to Barnsley, EMT would be correct to tell you that they are not available. I see no reason why they should not be available for Day Return journeys from Leicester to Derby and from Derby to Sheffield. Fans certainly used them for their journey up to Bramall Lane less than a fortnight ago.

Cheap Day Return tickets are available for use on any train on a Saturday, so there is no need whatsoever for any train to be specified. Just go to the ticket office and ask for 4 GroupSave Cheap Day returns to Derby and 4 GroupSave Day Returns from Derby to Sheffield. The ticket office must sell you what you ask for: they are not allowed to insist that you buy a through ticket to Sheffield.

If however you go to the window and ask them for four tickets for a same-day return trip to Sheffield, they would sell you the higher priced Saver ticket: they are under no obligation to tell you that the journey is cheaper if you change tickets at Derby.

Last edited:
got my tickets yeaterday NS2 row Y seat 34/35. hopefuly our good record against them will remain intact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669