Pre Match Barnsley v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Win and we could rocket back up to 5th place.

We need to keep the ball on the ground and play into Wood's feet as we did when he first arrived. We can't out battle these teams in the air as we've attempted in recent games. If Wood/Nugent aren't looking dangerous after 65 mins, pull them off and throw Waghorn in.

2-1 win, with Nugent scoring a pen.

Barnsley have won five of their last six at home. We've won one of our last six aways. We'll probably go and win.

We could be four points behind the play offs if we lose this one. Brighton could make that seven at the weekend. Christ. That game on Saturday is huge, regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
I predicted a maximum of 3 points from both Millwall and Barnsley.

I worry about this one a lot.

Anything other than a win....

I predicted a maximum of 3 points from both Millwall and Barnsley.

I worry about this one a lot.

Anything other than a win....

I don't think he's going anywhere until the end of the season now. The moment to get rid was a fortnight ago.

Of course last night's development at Sunderland might tempt our owners make a speculative phone call or two. Then who knows?

OK so forgetting about the fact that NP should have been let go 4 weeks ago let's focus on the positives - we all need positive energy now to get us through this. Putting the result to one side the other day there were clearly signs of effort and commitment which is half the battle. A little bit of luck and a win will begin our drive to the playoffs and a huge game at Brighton on Saturday. Expect an unchanged side except for Zak in for Morgan and Moore on the bench. Lets all remember what we are looking for is momentum going into the playoffs and it starts right here. Forget about where we were a couple of months ago - we have had a horrible run of form and now is the time to turn it around. Forest are having their run now - they can't keep it going all the way through the beginning of May. All we need to do is stay in touch for the next 3 weeks and then kick on with 4 matches to go all the way through the playoffs. Who has the positive energy on this forum - let's all stop calling for NP's head -we can do that at the end of May !

OK so forgetting about the fact that NP should have been let go 4 weeks ago let's focus on the positives - we all need positive energy now to get us through this. Putting the result to one side the other day there were clearly signs of effort and commitment which is half the battle. A little bit of luck and a win will begin our drive to the playoffs and a huge game at Brighton on Saturday. Expect an unchanged side except for Zak in for Morgan and Moore on the bench. Lets all remember what we are looking for is momentum going into the playoffs and it starts right here. Forget about where we were a couple of months ago - we have had a horrible run of form and now is the time to turn it around. Forest are having their run now - they can't keep it going all the way through the beginning of May. All we need to do is stay in touch for the next 3 weeks and then kick on with 4 matches to go all the way through the playoffs. Who has the positive energy on this forum - let's all stop calling for NP's head -we can do that at the end of May !

Not everybody would agree with your opening premise but there can be no argument with your conclusion.

Considering our form at the moment, and especially the away form throughout the season. I would like to see us take a more defensive approach for this game. I would play a 5-4-1 formation. Moore and Konch as full-backs and a core 3 of De Laet, Whitbread and Keane. Then perhaps introducing Vardy again to go onto the right wing, with King or Drinkwater in the middle partnering James, and Knockaert playing on the left. With Chris Wood playing as a lone striker. Of course I doubt this would happen, but I would be confident in a clean sheet if we took this approach.

Last edited:
Considering our form at the moment, and especially the away form throughout the season. I would like to see us take a more defensive approach for this game. I would play a 5-4-1 formation. Moore and Konch as full-backs and a core 3 of De Laet, Whitbread and Keane. Then perhaps introducing Vardy again to go onto the right wing, with King or Drinkwater in the middle partnering James, and Knockaert playing on the left. With Chris Wood playing as a lone striker. Of course I doubt this would happen, but I would be confident in a clean sheet if we took this approach.
I don't understand how Pearson is still in a job, I'm sure you'd do it for a fraction of what he gets paid.

Why Moore at full back when he's a better central defender?
Why de Laet at centre back when he's a better right back?

Have you ever tried living in Lancashire?

Why Moore at full back when he's a better central defender?
Why de Laet at centre back when he's a better right back?

Playing them out of position will confuse Barnsley thus making it far easier for us to break them down?

Moore in for Wes, any other changes will depend on whether NP decides to go defensive to save his job, it worked ok at Cardiff but do we really need to play defensive against Barnsley? I say attack them from the off, keep 11 men and hope Wood Danny Nuge and Knocky can find some form , if they can we could just win and Prevent NP a sacking for a further day, im going 1-2 foxes win King and Wood

Dr Pepper
Cherry Coke
Pepsi
Fanta
Apple Tango
Dandelion & Burdock
Mango Rubicon
Vimto
Karibbean Kola
Cherry 7Up
Sprite

Status