Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just read that we haven't won away game since Oct 09

Wow, just read that we haven't won away game since Oct 09

We've only played 4 away games since then in fairness... I think that's more amazing! That we've only played 4 away games since the end of October, and 1 of them was in the cup!

it's almost impossible to pick our midfield and attack recently - which i think is contributing to our inconsistency. no one is really grabbing a place and not giving it up.
gallagher, waghorn, fryatt, howard, kermorgant, dyer and n'guessan are virtually interchangable.
oakley,wellens and king can't decide who the 2 best centre mids are.

it's all a bit confusing really - unlike last year.

hope the tinkering doesn't derail our season.

I believe Barnsley haven't scored against us in 7 meetings.

... or at any time in the past 14 years - whichever sounds the longest.

Anyone going up on the train tonight is in for a horrid journey, despite the fact that you probably wont be able to get back tonight unless you leave at half time, theres also loads of delays and cancellations on EM trains today.

I can drop people off at Newark on the way back if it helps.

I'm still thinking about going - does anyone reckon I'll make it up to Barnsley from Coventry if I leave at 5:30 - I don't want to start another travel thread but I have no idea what the M1 is like in the evenings. Google Maps reckons 1hr 40m.

Wonder how many of those chants will come from the City end tonight? He was treated like a god at the Walkers this season.

Good, honest lad who always gave his all regardless of ability, I see no reason why he wouldn't be very warmly received tonight.

Good, honest lad who always gave his all regardless of ability, I see no reason why he wouldn't be very warmly received tonight.

I'd happily give him applause at the start of the match, as I did when they were at the Walkers earlier in the season. But for him to be given the Hume chant when taking corners etc against us is completely OTT. Not saying I don't like him, I wish him all the best after what he's been through but no need to love him as much as some do.

I'm still thinking about going - does anyone reckon I'll make it up to Barnsley from Coventry if I leave at 5:30 - I don't want to start another travel thread but I have no idea what the M1 is like in the evenings. Google Maps reckons 1hr 40m.

Very very slim chance at that time IMHO, finding a place to park etc will add time on.

As the 'away forum' looks to have died, does anyone know how far the Weatherspoons is from the station?
Or if there is any other decent pubs around that area.

As the 'away forum' looks to have died, does anyone know how far the Weatherspoons is from the station?
Or if there is any other decent pubs around that area.

And have it got any good hiding places?

Last edited:
No. And it won't be through in time for him to play tomorrow, according to RL.

I predict a win and then a ten point deduction as NP follows the fans suggestions and put him on the bench despite his ineligibility :icon_wink

Don't know if this has already been asked but does anyone know of a good place to park near the ground? and are tickets still available on the gate? driving from Leeds here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669