Bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not those new-fangled tubs you all sit in (in your own dirt).

Anyone here live in Bath or know it well? I'm going to be spending some time there this weekend and need some suggestions of things to do. Want a bit of variety, but looking for ideas.

GO!

No, not those new-fangled tubs you all sit in (in your own dirt).

Anyone here live in Bath or know it well? I'm going to be spending some time there this weekend and need some suggestions of things to do. Want a bit of variety, but looking for ideas.

GO!

Alex does, but any suggestions he makes, you would be well advised to stay away.

A friend of mine moved to Bath and it was the last time anyone heard from her. That was over 20 years ago.

Be warned.

These baths, right... Is there anything bath-wise there to see?

I once accosted Graham Park in Bath, I wasn't impressed that he played a Derek B track at the Spectrum Centre one night. He apologised and then we made friends, but he never kept in touch.

I once accosted Graham Park in Bath, I wasn't impressed that he played a Derek B track at the Spectrum Centre one night. He apologised and then we made friends, but he never kept in touch.

Bloody hell, it's just one disappointment after another isn't it?

Bath is a just a theatre of disappointment. A tranquil backdrop.. the perfect setting for knockback after letdown after underwhelment (surely not a word) and regret.

These baths, right... Is there anything bath-w*s* there to see?
You pay your money but dont get wet. It's a total swizz. And stay away from the tearooms. You queue, you pay more money, you don't get pissed. Swizz.
And take the train. Cars and Bath don't mix. Unless you're Keith Moon. Hmmm there's a link to button moon. Spooky. Oh and the Rosie and Jim canal trip has no naked strippers either. Nor does the Cathedral. Shops are a rip off too.
So to summarise, shower.

You pay your money but dont get wet. It's a total swizz. And stay away from the tearooms. You queue, you pay more money, you don't get pissed. Swizz.
And take the train. Cars and Bath don't mix. Unless you're Keith Moon. Hmmm there's a link to button moon. Spooky. Oh and the Rosie and Jim canal trip has no naked strippers either. Nor does the Cathedral. Shops are a rip off too.
So to summarise, shower.

Right well I'm off there on Friday so basically, stick to the pubs, right?

depends what you are into, some impressive buildings and museums, if you like Jane Austin it's the place for you. Royal Crescent is worth a look, Pulteney Bridge looks good from one side but fairly shabby from the other.

http://visitbath.co.uk/site/things-to-do

depends what you are into, some impressive buildings and museums, if you like Jane Austin it's the place for you. Royal Crescent is worth a look, Pulteney Bridge looks good from one side but fairly shabby from the other.

http://visitbath.co.uk/site/things-to-do
Whatever happened to the old-fashioned stag weekends where you'd go to Amsterdam and your mates would leave you tied to a lamppost bollock-naked in the red light district?

Whatever happened to the old-fashioned stag weekends where you'd go to Amsterdam and your mates would leave you tied to a lamppost bollock-naked in the red light district?

'tis where I went for mine

Bath FFS - this here modern world is full of steaming nonces :icon_roll

Not sure why Bath, but that's where we're headed!

There's already a few more lined up anyway. The one with underwriters is the one I'm dreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669