BBC john barber OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOZHOGAN

he aint worthy of commentating about our club as all he does is take the p*ss. listen he mock's us constantly.
We need our 'local' media to get behind us!!
Barber 'out'!!!!:038:

This smacks of desperation. So, it isn't that our team is poor, our manager uninspired, our tactics questionable; it's the radio comentator's fault that we're losing!
Don't forget Filbert Fox, I blame him. His name harks back to our old stadium, clearly destroying the moral of our poor little lambs trying to win at the Walkers.

:tumbleweed:

That's to speak nothing of the suspicious disappearance of Mr Fox's wife, Vicky Vixen, and his cousin, Dennis.

The Fox is trouble, I warn you. Filbert out!!!

I hardly ever listen to the BBC Leicester coverage and prefer to either catch the reports on Sky Sports or Talksport.

I didn't think much to Neville Foulger when he was on but he was good compared to Barber. I even remember Matthew Kenyon and Geoff Peters doing it! Why doesn't Jon Sinclair do the commentary? He is far better than Barber.

Darren Fletcher on Century (Heart) was the best commentator in the East Midlands for football and it's good to hear him on national radio with the BBC.

Last edited:
I put it down to L1 not singing loud enough.......

and what the fcuk has happened to our ultras in N block..........:102:

This smacks of desperation. So, it isn't that our team is poor, our manager uninspired, our tactics questionable; it's the radio comentator's fault that we're losing!
Don't forget Filbert Fox, I blame him. His name harks back to our old stadium, clearly destroying the moral of our poor little lambs trying to win at the Walkers.

Sort of agree with you.

I think if we were winning and everything was great in the football world of a Leicester City fan then the guy telling us of our success would be a great commentator and shouldnt be sacked/removed at all. :)

he aint worthy of commentating about our club as all he does is take the p*ss. listen he mock's us constantly.
We need our 'local' media to get behind us!!
Barber 'out'!!!!:038:

I know - and I've noticed that we lose most of the matches for which he is the commentator.

I think no matter how rubbish we are that John Barber should report that we are doing brilliantly and even throw in a few goals for us - that don't actually exist - if you see what I mean. This way, listening City supporters will at least have some moments of pleasure which they could hang on to providing they don't check the results later.

On a less serious note my problem with John Barber is that he works for the BBC but is sort of hospital broadcasting standard. I don't actually think he is that mocking - he is usually honest enough to say when we are dire - which is more often than not, but he just doesn't do it very well. Still I suppose people should be grateful for the season long wall to wall coverage.

the way he was going on about the fcukin moon during the villa game made me laugh.

View attachment 2213

and this is a picture of him being chased by a mob consisting of coffin dodgers all wanting their bunions rubbing

Last edited:

hear hear

we're always looking to the past, harping on about MON and Filbert Street like F*r*st fans harping on about their Europeans nights

Filbert Fox is the catalyst for this dowey-eyed nostalgia

ladies and gentlemen, City fans, Lestafarians...I give you

Walkers The Walrus

WALRUS.jpg

hear hear

we're always looking to the past, harping on about MON and Filbert Street like F*r*st fans harping on about their Europeans nights

Filbert Fox is the catalyst for this dowey-eyed nostalgia

ladies and gentlemen, City fans, Lestafarians...I give you

Walkers The Walrus

WALRUS.jpg

Thank you - excellent.

But given the pathetic state of things at the moment, I wouldn't start a competition - I think the alliterative style you have adopted in the name would be a winner but with changes to the final four letters of 'walrus'.

Thank you - excellent.

But given the pathetic state of things at the moment, I wouldn't start a competition - I think the alliterative style you have adopted in the name would be a winner but with changes to the final four letters of 'walrus'.

hey there was alliteration AND assonance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669