Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you clarify?

What the club have done is ask MM to outline his financial plan for the short to medium term and prove he has the funds to achieve it, in the same way as other clubs have done in the past. Unfortunately MM is refusing to commit to this and is simply saying "trust me I know what I am doing".

What the club have done is ask MM to outline his financial plan for the short to medium term and prove he has the funds to achieve it, in the same way as other clubs have done in the past. Unfortunately MM is refusing to commit to this and is simply saying "trust me I know what I am doing".

Never trust anyone who says, "Trust me." It's what a cowboy builder says just before he tries to lift your leg...

Expecially worrying here - a very negative reading of the events at Pompey would suggest MM is worth a chunk less than £8million.

We aren't anybody's PR team, unlike the Merc who continue to be MM's.

We are still neutral on this, but we feel we have to calm down some of the expectation that the Mercury are giving to City fans.

As an example they have kept returning to the importance of getting the deal done for the start of the transfer window, which there hadn't been a chance of several weeks.

Finally yesterday Bill Anderson stated that we would be looking at loan signings for this season, which is what we had posted on message boards 3 weeks ago.

So who should you trust?

I will trust you when you prove you neutral by not commenting and only answering direct questions.

Loan signings is fine, under the current regime there would be no signings unless we sold players and even then it would only be a maybe since players need to be sold to even balance the books, yet if manderic came in and we got loan signings you play it down as a negative.

Do you have any evidence to support this?
I'm not a member of the, so called, anti-MM brigade but I don't think it's such a great idea to give the club away for a song to somebody who doesn't have the greatest of track records and is, if rumours are to be believed, not willing to invest in us at a time when we are desperate for investment.

His track record is respectable especially when comparing it to mr davies.

Never trust anyone who says, "Trust me." It's what a cowboy builder says just before he tries to lift your leg...

Expecially worrying here - a very negative reading of the events at Pompey would suggest MM is worth a chunk less than £8million.

Please explain what the current board can offer and garuantuee since the word keeps been brought up.

Please explain what the current board can offer and garuantuee since the word keeps been brought up.

Why would you expect me to do that? I'm not on the board, nor a supporter of the board.

I'm just wondering if you've read Pompey's accounts yet - despite telling us all what MM will do?

How so, exactly? And what do you know about Dim Tim's record that the rest of us don't?

We know that, currently, we are in a shite hole and TD, I'm afraid, is and has been very been much a part of both it's creation and maintaining.

Last edited:
Alex, As you are obviously so well informed would you enlighten the rest of us, how would you suggest that TD gets us out of the shite.

Alex, As you are obviously so well informed would you enlighten the rest of us, how would you suggest that TD gets us out of the shite.

I don't profess to be well informed in this matter, I am merely detailing facts. What Tim is doing currently, with the vast help of Mr Taylor, is great for the club I hope.

Loan signings is fine, under the current regime there would be no signings unless we sold players and even then it would only be a maybe since players need to be sold to even balance the books, yet if manderic came in and we got loan signings you play it down as a negative.
It's MANDARIC! :icon_wink

just find it amusing of the double standards shown as a last resort to defend the current board.

its ok for the current board to sell just to balance books, but not ok for mandaric to only offer loan signings that is seen as below par dispite that been more then what we have now.

its ok to seek garuantees from mandaric but dare ask for it of the current board get told its different.

whats supposed to be so bad about pompys accounts? please share, are they losing 4mill+ each year? do they need to sell players just to balance the books? most importantly has their turnover and profitability increased under mandaric?

just find it amusing of the double standards shown as a last resort to defend the current board.

I find it amusing that you're seeing stuff that isn't there.

its ok for the current board to sell just to balance books, but not ok for mandaric to only offer loan signings that is seen as below par dispite that been more then what we have now.

Who has said it's not OK for MM to make loan signings?
If anyone has said that I bet they're not saying they'd prefer to have nothing at all.

its ok to seek garuantees from mandaric but dare ask for it of the current board get told its different.

Can't remember anyone saying it's different.

But to a certain extent it is different. The current board are Leicester fans, we know they want the club to prosper, even if they don't have the means to make it happen. This means they're not likely to do anything reckless to risk the future of the club.
Mandaric on the other hand isn't a Leicester fan, he's a businessman. So it's right to seek assurances about his plans.

whats supposed to be so bad about pompys accounts? please share, are they losing 4mill+ each year? do they need to sell players just to balance the books? most importantly has their turnover and profitability increased under mandaric?

I don't think they've ever made a profit under Mandaric. Certainly in the years before they got promoted they lost a fortune - the money Redknapp spent to get promotion came from the sale of Peter Crouch, it wasn't new money put in by Mandaric. Obviously their turnover has increased - they're in the Premiership now, but their costs have increased too.
By the time the new owner came in Mandaric had no more money to spend (or if he had it he wasn't prepared to spend it), and if they'd been relegated the club would have been in a mess. Either Mandaric did a brilliant piece of business to get the new man in when he did, or he was extremely lucky.

whats supposed to be so bad about pompys accounts? please share, are they losing 4mill+ each year? do they need to sell players just to balance the books?

In his first season in charge they lost over £3 million - source

I've not found definite figures yet, but I have seen a report that said they were expected to lose £6 million in his second year.

Agreed we can't afford loan signings presently.

Don't see why you think we are being negative about loan signings though, it's just the way some press articles have been written some fans would have expected several £1m+ signings & one of the less reliable "rumour" websites were quoting a figure of £8m to spend in the transfer window only 2 days ago.

We think loans for this season & spend on full signings in the summer is a sensible strategy & MM has always used the loan system each season at Pompey

We think loans for this season & spend on full signings in the summer is a sensible strategy & MM has always used the loan system each season at Pompey
This has to be the only way to go. MM won't have time enough to analyze the playing squad situation to go giving RK money to spend. Loans are good, if they fail, get rid

This has to be the only way to go. MM won't have time enough to analyze the playing squad situation to go giving RK money to spend. Loans are good, if they fail, get rid

Plus, I don't think we'll be able to attract a lot of good players to the club at the minute anyway. But if we can get some decent loan signings to take us up the table and make a playoff/promotion push look likely for next season then we'll probably be able to buy better players in the summer because they'll be more convinced that we're going somewhere good.

And you often end up paying more in January because clubs don't have as long to find replacements.

Loans are definetely the way to go for the most part in this window.

RL have just reported that the bid is just under £6m.What happened to £25m-Bill Anderson?This means that MM is buying the club for the same amount of money as the current shareholders put in except that he is not paying all of it upfront.
He has made no commitment to buy back the stadium and never will.
He has refused to give any indication of how much money he will commit to player deals.
The shareholders have a duty to sell the shares to a person who has the best interests of the club at heart.Believe me this is not a done deal.There will be several important shareholders who will have severe misgivings about gifting this club to someone who has so easily conned the Leicester Mercury into acting as his mouthpiece.
The Leicester Mercury stated that MM's advisors had told them that the bid was "not far off £25m"-what went wrong?
Where are Mandaric's millions-has he really got them or has he just got an effective PR machine?

RL have just reported that the bid is just under £6m.What happened to £25m-Bill Anderson?This means that MM is buying the club for the same amount of money as the current shareholders put in except that he is not paying all of it upfront.
He has made no commitment to buy back the stadium and never will.
He has refused to give any indication of how much money he will commit to player deals.
The shareholders have a duty to sell the shares to a person who has the best interests of the club at heart.Believe me this is not a done deal.There will be several important shareholders who will have severe misgivings about gifting this club to someone who has so easily conned the Leicester Mercury into acting as his mouthpiece.
The Leicester Mercury stated that MM's advisors had told them that the bid was "not far off £25m"-what went wrong?
Where are Mandaric's millions-has he really got them or has he just got an effective PR machine?

The bid for shares was always around this figure (although now presumably a little lower due to what was discovered under Due Diligence)

The £25million figure is purely the Mercury's interpretation of the deal being £6million for shares, £16million for the ground and £3million for players. It is just a creative way of describing what the burden would be (be it by a straightforward share purchase, and the restructuring of other finances through loans etc.)

In reality Mandaric has never offered that amount of money, and the shareholders have been fully aware of that from the start

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69