Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rats sinking ship, which begs the question how are they any different to MM?

I don't think most of the shareholders see us a sinking ship, more that they are fed up with all the abuse that they have to take.

I don't think most of the shareholders see us a sinking ship,

Have we improved or declined over the past 3 years or so. The answer is related to the sinking of a ship!

EDIT : Okay, we may not have been hit by a torpedo, but we certainly need repairs doing otherwise we will soon be a sunk ship!

Last edited:
but can we survive if we do not get promoted?

As it stands we are fairly close to operating at break even point, with the spending power of a mid table championship side, so survival is not in question.

However most fans and shareholders are not really happy with maintaining the status quo and want to see more financially prosperous.

Agreed we can't afford loan signings presently.

Don't see why you think we are being negative about loan signings though, it's just the way some press articles have been written some fans would have expected several £1m+ signings & one of the less reliable "rumour" websites were quoting a figure of £8m to spend in the transfer window only 2 days ago.

We think loans for this season & spend on full signings in the summer is a sensible strategy & MM has always used the loan system each season at Pompey

Agree with your post.

As it stands we are fairly close to operating at break even point, with the spending power of a mid table championship side, so survival is not in question.

However most fans and shareholders are not really happy with maintaining the status quo and want to see more financially prosperous.

Really interested in this opinion. I heard that if we carried on the way we are then we would be in the shite good 'n' proper.

RL have just reported that the bid is just under £6m.What happened to £25m-Bill Anderson?This means that MM is buying the club for the same amount of money as the current shareholders put in except that he is not paying all of it upfront.
He has made no commitment to buy back the stadium and never will.
He has refused to give any indication of how much money he will commit to player deals.
The shareholders have a duty to sell the shares to a person who has the best interests of the club at heart.Believe me this is not a done deal.There will be several important shareholders who will have severe misgivings about gifting this club to someone who has so easily conned the Leicester Mercury into acting as his mouthpiece.
The Leicester Mercury stated that MM's advisors had told them that the bid was "not far off £25m"-what went wrong?
Where are Mandaric's millions-has he really got them or has he just got an effective PR machine?

If we were 2nd in the table now currently recieving parachute money and automatic promotion been likely you would have a good point, as it stands now the team needs investment and we are nearer relegation then promotion and have no parachute money, obviously this has a knock on affect to what the shares are worth.

As far as I am aware he is not, and never was going to buy the ground. He will either take over the Teacher's loan ( and some rumours have stated his new bid will still insist that the old regime still guarantee it ) or he will replace it with a loan from someone else, quite possibly at a higher rate of interest.

I think the mercury reporting is inaccurate although I havent said it upto now I doubt he is putting in close to 25 million at least over a short period of time so they are wrong to think he is going to buy the stadium so why are they reporting 25 million?

could be..

(a) they deliberatly hyping it all up.
(b) positive spin to achieve an agenda, the agenda been to get the takeover completed.
(c) they have bad sources and are been misled with information.

The reason why I am not making a fuss over it is I want the takeover and I dont see the point of making a big fuss over a newspapers views on the bid.

If that is the case, I am amazed the ( remaining ) board are in favour of MM's proposals. Presumably the backlash that they would encounter if they told him to go away ( built up in the main by MM having the Mockery in his back pocket ) is influencing their decision. Not good IMO.

As I said elsewhere, its not about manderic been really good its about the current situation been really bad, the board probably are looking at either letting mm come in and have a go at it and cutting their losses, if he messes up he can be blamed, or the alternative is they stay in control but are faced with annual losses and no forseeable way to achieve promotion which is utimately what the fans want.

I really wish one of our own multi millionaires (e.g. John Holmes) had high aspirations for our club and decided to buy it. That would be something I would feel 100% comfortable. I know then that the club would be in safe hands...

With Milan you don't know really. Not 100% anyway.:icon_conf

That's true, we've splashed out this January just like the other mid table clubs. And we did at the beginning of the season too I'm sure :mad:

Agreed we can't afford loan signings presently.

Don't see why you think we are being negative about loan signings though, it's just the way some press articles have been written some fans would have expected several £1m+ signings & one of the less reliable "rumour" websites were quoting a figure of £8m to spend in the transfer window only 2 days ago.

We think loans for this season & spend on full signings in the summer is a sensible strategy & MM has always used the loan system each season at Pompey

Agree totally with this.

There is no point in wasting money on 'big' signings this January because all that's needed is to steady the ship with a couple of loan signings - and remain in the division.

Also - and unfortunately - the realisation is dawning that a major part of the problem is simply very poor football management like the team has no motivation and the inept team selections e.g. for the Sunderland game. It wouldn't make any sense in my opinion to sanction significant spending until a new manager is appointed....and all the indications are that the summer is a far better opportunity to bring in players than January when no club wants to release its decent players except for silly money.

I really wish one of our own multi millionaires (e.g. John Holmes) had high aspirations for our club and decided to buy it. That would be something I would feel 100% comfortable. I know then that the club would be in safe hands...

With Milan you don't know really. Not 100% anyway.:icon_conf

I think the Carphone Warehouse guy is the one we should try and get in. He's worth £500million, so why doesn't he throw some of it our way?

I also think that Holmes should be a part of the set up at the club, I don't know if he is on the board but He should be. I think he really did a great deal for this club and I seriously doubt players like Ferdinand or Bent would have came to us had it not been for him.

I think the Carphone Warehouse guy is the one we should try and get in. He's worth £500million, so why doesn't he throw some of it our way?

He did throw some of it our way - but not because he's a Leicester fan, he isn't, he did it because he was a friend of Lineker (I think).
If he was really interested in getting more involved in football and putting money in he'd probably have done it by now.

He did throw some of it our way - but not because he's a Leicester fan, he isn't, he did it because he was a friend of Lineker (I think).
If he was really interested in getting more involved in football and putting money in he'd probably have done it by now.

I think he is married to Gary's Sister. Still its a real shame we have a contact like this who doesn't want to invest. Then again you don't get £500mil by being stupid with it.

I think he is married to Gary's Sister. Still its a real shame we have a contact like this who doesn't want to invest. Then again you don't get £500mil by being stupid with it.
If he's a a close family member or close friend of Gary Lineayker he's probably told him to not touch this infested club with a barge pole

I think it is the same for all the board members and rich folk who are fans.If they were going to do it, they would have by now. The fact there is something stopping them doing it is the worry... Is it just the no holding over 500k rule (Which is not relevant for MM as he wants the hole club???) or are there debts and problems that are stopping them?

Or perhaps they are all just worn down with us moaning feckers????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566