Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no rule to stop people holding more than 500k. There's a rule to stop people holding more than 10% of the shares - so the current maximum would be 630k. But if someone wanted to own more than that in they could take it to an EGM like MM has to.

Was close though... I knew it was a figure around there (I assumed as the two at the top of the shares list had 500k that was the limit)..Thanks for the update.

The fact that no Leicester fan with the cash is willing to do it is the great shame for us all. We would all be happier if they did, but it is patently never going to happen (Although I bet that if most of the posters on here had won the £100m lottery jackpot recently they would have bought the club without hesitation).

I don't want a Leicester Fan running this club, I want a self motivated, success driven business person with a sound knowledge of running a football club with no emotional ties in charge.

Last edited:
I don't want a Leicester Fan running this club, I want a self motivated, success driven business person with a sound knowledge of running a football club and no emotional ties in charge.

A ruthless hard nosed business man is what we want

I don't want a Leicester Fan running this club, I want a self motivated, success driven business person with a sound knowledge of running a football club and no emotional ties in charge.

But in the extremely unlikely event that a fan won that kind of money, paid for the stadium outright as a gift to the club, stumped up £15m transfer kitty and set about appointing the right manager (whoever realistically would come into this new dawn) I would guess you would not complain? Who would? That was my plan had I won the money... but then again I am a day dreamer!!!

Business wise it is about putting bums on seats and the only way to do that in football is to have a passionate, winning team, hopefully who will also play decent football. The more people through the door, who are enjoying the game on the pitch, the more chance that the merchandise, food, beer, bookies etc will take more money.

is all this still going on?

I don't want a Leicester Fan running this club, I want a self motivated, success driven business person with a sound knowledge of running a football club with no emotional ties in charge.

The only one I can see that fits the bill is Majeski. And he's a c**t who wants out, anyway.

I don't subscribe to the idea that MM did this brilliant job at pompy. I personally think he got lucky by stumbling across Harry rednapp, who in reality is one of the best managers around today.

I don't even need to wonder where Pompy would be without him, because luckily enough MM fell out with him and gave us a lovely glimpse into that world. Turns out they would be shite. Possibly as shite as we are right now, without the fan base or the ground we have.

Last edited:
I don't subscribe to the idea that MM did this brilliant job at pompy. I personally think he got lucky by stumbling across Harry rednapp, who in reality is one of the best managers around today. I don't even need to wonder where Pompy would be without him, because luckily enough MM fell out with him and gave us a lovely glimpse into that world. Turns out they would be shite. Possibly as shite as we are right now, without the fan base or the ground we have.
Although I can see why you got that conclusion, I wasn't actually referring to MM, but he does fit my description

The bid for shares was always around this figure (although now presumably a little lower due to what was discovered under Due Diligence)

The £25million figure is purely the Mercury's interpretation of the deal being £6million for shares, £16million for the ground and £3million for players. It is just a creative way of describing what the burden would be (be it by a straightforward share purchase, and the restructuring of other finances through loans etc.)

In reality Mandaric has never offered that amount of money, and the shareholders have been fully aware of that from the start

And therefore the shareholders have been seriously hacked off with the Mercury for persistant use of the figure

As it stands we are fairly close to operating at break even point, with the spending power of a mid table championship side, so survival is not in question.

However most fans and shareholders are not really happy with maintaining the status quo and want to see more financially prosperous.

With the loss of the parachute payment, we can "assure" you the club is nowhere near a break even point, if only.......

Last edited:
With the loss of the parachute payment, we can "assure" you the club is nowhere near a break even point, if only.......

Where is all the money going?

Is the problem the players wage bill or is there a black hole somewhere eating the cash?

My own opinion is that the club spent too much on players wages after we got relegated and took too long bringing the wage bill down to a sensible level for this division - so we're still paying for that mistake. Although it's a mistake you'd have thought the board would have tried to avoid after what happened last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566