Be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
It would be lovely to take our time and develop a bunch of young players, but if we end up with no coin, then those young players will be cherry-picked one by one and we are back to square one

I agree, this is the thing that worries me about discovering unknown young players. you can build a team but then have the heart of it ripped out by clubs who can offer more money. i would hate to think we were back to the days of being a selling club however i think cl has done the right thing in put the new players on 3 year deals.

I think this year has been abit of a one off, I think that we could be there or there abouts for the playoffs next season and if we can play the way we did against Leeds and Derby (it was fantastic to see the players playing there hearts out) we should be ok.

I also think that the club should think about its supporters more, I couldnt believe that they still had the Leeds game as a catergory A fixture. I think they should of opened the doors to get as many people in as possible. I also think they should move the away support nearer to the kop to increase the atmosphere and turn the place into Fortress Walkers.

homer said:
30's

Read it and weep, slaphead

I would agree that there are small (very small) areas of my head which you could slap - but not enough to call me 'slaphead', surely!!

I'm going for a cry!

mitcho_uk said:
homer said:
It would be lovely to take our time and develop a bunch of young players, but if we end up with no coin, then those young players will be cherry-picked one by one and we are back to square one

I agree, this is the thing that worries me about discovering unknown young players. you can build a team but then have the heart of it ripped out by clubs who can offer more money. i would hate to think we were back to the days of being a selling club however i think cl has done the right thing in put the new players on 3 year deals.

I think this year has been abit of a one off, I think that we could be there or there abouts for the playoffs next season and if we can play the way we did against Leeds and Derby (it was fantastic to see the players playing there hearts out) we should be ok.

I also think that the club should think about its supporters more, I couldnt believe that they still had the Leeds game as a catergory A fixture. I think they should of opened the doors to get as many people in as possible. I also think they should move the away support nearer to the kop to increase the atmosphere and turn the place into Fortress Walkers.

Careful now. The Trust won't like that

You are not allowed to complain unless you are prepared to go along to the next open meeting with Tim Davies

It's at 2.30 a.m. on Christmas Day
They are not going to tell you the venue - you have to guess

If you don't show up with the whole of your immediate family then you have to log off right now, and never express an opinion ever again, you apathetic slacker

bocadillo said:
homer said:
30's

Read it and weep, slaphead

I would agree that there are small (very small) areas of my head which you could slap - but not enough to call me 'slaphead', surely!!

I'm going for a cry!

I was talking about Eastenders Barry "The Barrel" Lazzer
Shocking FC goalie

homer said:

You are not allowed to complain unless you are prepared to go along to the next open meeting with Tim Davies

If you don't show up with the whole of your immediate family then you have to log off right now, and never express an opinion ever again, you apathetic slacker

I must whole heartedly apologise to the trust for voicing my opinion as a loyal supporter and season ticket holder. I admit it was wrong of me to offer an idea of how to create a better atmosphere within the Walkers Stadium. I have just informed my 5 year old son that Christmas has been cancelled this year as santa has decided he needs to attend the meeting with me and he wont have anytime to deliver any presents. I hope the trust are satisfied that a young boy is now devastated and the club have just missed out on £30 for a youth shirt for the 6 month period it will be in fashion after christmas. He also says that filbert fox smells of bob and hes got no mates. He has also contemplated supporting the trees but a swift kicking put paid to that idea.

mitcho_uk said:
homer said:

I must whole heartedly apologise to the trust for voicing my opinion as a loyal supporter and season ticket holder. I admit it was wrong of me to offer an idea of how to create a better atmosphere within the Walkers Stadium. I have just informed my 5 year old son that Christmas has been cancelled this year as santa has decided he needs to attend the meeting with me and he wont have anytime to deliver any presents. I hope the trust are satisfied that a young boy is now devastated and the club have just missed out on £30 for a youth shirt for the 6 month period it will be in fashion after christmas. He also says that filbert fox smells of bob and hes got no mates. He has also contemplated supporting the trees but a swift kicking put paid to that idea.

He's got a point

mitcho_uk said:
He has also contemplated supporting the trees but a swift kicking put paid to that idea.

I am glad to see that there still responsible parents out there. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I have to say that I disagree completely with the claim that getting promoted would be bad for us.

CL is trying to build a good squad over time, and doesn't want to add any quick fixes into the squad. If we do get promoted next season, then I don't think Levein would do as MA did and bring in a load of 1 year players. As long as he doesn't do that, and continues to build the squad in the same manner as he is currently, then us getting promoted is only good. It will mean Levein actually has a little bit of money to spend and can attract players of a better quality than while we're in the fizzy. As long we don't make short term signings and continue to manage the finances correctly, as we are at the minute, than promotion would'nt be a bad thing at all. If we stay in this division, the squad will get weaker as we will have less and less money. We won't be able to keep the likes of Stephen Hughes if we stay in this league for too long. Even if we got relegated in our first season back up, it would be better for the club than staying in the Championship.

As far as whether we will get promoted next season, I think that as long as CL can bring in players in the same breed as he has done so far, we'll have a very good chance.

how can some we have a good chance of promotion next season after a skin of the teeth escape from div 3?
If anyone thinks we have even the remotest chance of promotion they are sadly deluded. Just because we support our club doesn't mean we can't face reality...

MKFox said:
how can some we have a good chance of promotion next season after a skin of the teeth escape from div 3?
If anyone thinks we have even the remotest chance of promotion they are sadly deluded. Just because we support our club doesn't mean we can't face reality...

I agree to a point MK, although i feel that we will fare a lot better next term.

MKFox said:
how can some [think] we have a good chance of promotion next season after a skin of the teeth escape from div 3?
If anyone thinks we have even the remotest chance of promotion they are sadly deluded.

And it will these same deluded souls who are calling for the manager's (and the board's) head when we're not in the top two by the end of October, instead of giving him the time he needs to rebuild from an inarguably low starting point.

Presumably the same ones who caused the fighting amongst our own fans at Stoke and barracked our keeper on his debut at Plymouth. Dolts!!

MKFox said:

Derby finished below our position last season and Preston were 15th last season. Slim pickings but enough to sustain some hope. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
MKFox said:

Derby finished below our position last season and Preston were 15th last season. Slim pickings but enough to sustain some hope. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

'Hope' Steven is not a word in Mk's vocab. when it comes to LCFC.It was hardly a 'skin on their teeth escape' MK..stop being silly.If we have absolutely no chance MK then am I to take it you will be offering us all 10/1 that LCFC will be promoted next season? ;-)

I'll take those odds

In a double with Webbo to get a shag before Christmas (500,000/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669