Beatles Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this not been done about 5 times before? I always thinks it loses a lot of the warmth and impact of older music when they do this anyway

They did back in the 80s when they first put the albums onto cd, but this will sound a hell of a lot better then those-if you want to get a taster of how good this will sound check out Help from the Love album.

I think I might be in the minority here, but I think the Beatles ongoing success is a bit out of sync with how good they actually were. I understand the music was revolutionary at the time, but it isn't anymore, and has no emotional ties to the current generation who listen and become infatuated with it.

I can't stand any of there songs, which is down to taste, but still can't grasp why they still get hero status. Same with U2

Personally i would say i do have emotional ties to a certain extent, as my dad played the beatles all the time when i was growing up, and some of my earliest memories are lying in bed whilst he was playing it full blast downstairs!

i feel that whilst they are slightly overhyped, some of the songs they wrote were truely sensational and are much better then the mainstream manufactured shite that comes out nowadays. They also had the knack of making lyrics easy to pick up after just a few listens, which when compared with modern day lyrics which are often non-sensical phrases, is something to be appreciated.

I'm with DD here, I love the Beatles and so do many of my mates in my age. And that's not down to 'emotional ties', it's just that I find the music a whole lot better than the crap that's produced nowadays.

Last edited:
Personally i would say i do have emotional ties to a certain extent, as my dad played the beatles all the time when i was growing up, and some of my earliest memories are lying in bed whilst he was playing it full blast downstairs!

i feel that whilst they are slightly overhyped, some of the songs they wrote were truely sensational and are much better then the mainstream manufactured shite that comes out nowadays. They also had the knack of making lyrics easy to pick up after just a few listens, which when compared with modern day lyrics which are often non-sensical phrases, is something to be appreciated.

Hmmmmm

"Semolina custard dripping from a dead dogs eye"

"obladih obladah yeah life goes on"

"Be-bop-a-lula she's my baby
Be-bop-a-lula don't mean maybe "

"Joan was quizzical studied pataphysical science in the home
Late night all alone with a test-tube,
Oh oh, oh oh. "

"I dig a pony
Well you can syndicate any boat you row
Yes you can syndicate any boat you row.
I told you so, all I want is you. "

rolling-stones.jpg

Better by far .........

Hmmmmm

"Semolina custard dripping from a dead dogs eye"

"obladih obladah yeah life goes on"

"Be-bop-a-lula she's my baby
Be-bop-a-lula don't mean maybe "

"Joan was quizzical studied pataphysical science in the home
Late night all alone with a test-tube,
Oh oh, oh oh. "

"I dig a pony
Well you can syndicate any boat you row
Yes you can syndicate any boat you row.
I told you so, all I want is you. "

rolling-stones.jpg

Better by far .........

Be bop a lula is not a Beatles song by the way.

Also the songs you mention - check out the stories behind them before dismissing them.

I am the walrus deliberately meant to be a nonsence song along the lines of an Edward Lear poem.

I am the walrus deliberately meant to be a nonsence song along the lines of an Edward Lear poem.

Indeed

You forget to mention, however, that it is also an over-hyped overrated piece of complete and utter crap....

Be bop a lula is not a Beatles song by the way.

Be bop a lula was recorded by the beatles in the Star Club in Hamburg and released on an album in 1977.

Also the songs you mention - check out the stories behind them before dismissing them.

I am fully aware of the stories behind them and at no point dismissed them. I was responding to Ringo's post concerning the Beatles recordings not containing nonsensical lyrics

I think you will find I am the walrus was written whilst the band were all off their tits on LSD.

Last edited:

I was pointing out that Be Bop A Lula was not written by the Beatles, although yes they did cover it and infact Lennon used to sing it with the Quarreymen.

I am the Walrus was Lennons response to people reading hidden meanings into their songs. 'Let the f***ers sort that one out' he apparently told a friend after writing it.

Granted not all their songs were genius, but dare I say the most original and influential band there has ever been.

I was pointing out that Be Bop A Lula was not written by the Beatles, although yes they did cover it and infact Lennon used to sing it with the Quarreymen.

I am the Walrus was Lennons response to people reading hidden meanings into their songs. 'Let the f***ers sort that one out' he apparently told a friend after writing it.

Granted not all their songs were genius, but dare I say the most original and influential band there has ever been.

I was fully aware that Be bop a lula was co written by Gene Vincent. But thanks for trying to be helpful anyway. Yes lennon did say that whilst off his tits on lsd. I will give you "influential" but certainly not original. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669