Beckford and Danns

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two games against Huddersfield surely prove how weak our squad is...
Would we not be better off with these two rather than Futacs, Vardy, Wellens etc....

I will stand well back....

Similar questions about certain players always seem to rise when a result doesn't go our way.

Personally I don't want Beckford anywhere near our club, as for Danns, I'm non plussed, but don't believe either player is the answer.

3 points off second, game in hand, superior goal difference, let's all take a chill pill

In the interests of a debate - why?
A fit Beckford surely is more of a threat than Futacs and the other two?
Danns has a good record at this level whereas Wellens is almost certainly past it?

Wellens is also nowhere near the first team realistically. Our form and performances have drastically improved since they left the club which I believe says a lot about their character in and around the dressing room. This is coming from someone who was a big Beckford fan and was annoyed when we let him go.

If they are disruptive to the squad then they can stay away. I'm inclined to believe that they are just that. Pearson and Wellens have both commented in recent months on the positive atmosphere around the current squad and on how that wasn't the case before Pearson made changes to personnel.

On ability alone both would be useful just to create a bit of depth but, in spite of our recent below par performances, I'm very happy with what we have at the moment. I wouldn't want our good season to be derailed by a pair of arseholes/players who don't fit in with what is a young and talented squad.

Last edited:
A fit Beckford surely is more of a threat than Futacs and the other two?

Beckford needs more than just fitness. His attitude needs to be right as well and that has been apparently lacking when playing for us.

Sorry but I don't understand that comment - if it's an in joke would you like to share?

Just a debate I had with someone on here a couple of months ago when they claimed Beckford was the 2nd best striker in the division only behind charlie Austin. Can't remember who it was with now.

Last edited:
Just a debate I had with someone on here a couple of months ago when they claimed Beckford was the 2nd best striker in the division only behind charlie Austin. Can't remember who it was with now.

Beckford is probably the best striker in this division after Charlie Austin. You can use figures to twist your story but Beckford was top scorer at Everton in a team that was far less threatening than it is now, as it was set up far more defensively and he scored 10 not 8.

You're welcome.

I don't think Beckford is the second best striker in his household never mind this division.

Beckford needs more than just fitness. His attitude needs to be right as well and that has been apparently lacking when playing for us.

I know that I'm putting my head above the parapet, and that I am likely to get shot at, but isn't it a bit strange that Beckford cannot sort his attitude to play at a club in with a good chance of promotion, but seems so to have done, at mid to lower table Huddersfield?

If we get to the promised land of the Premier League, we're going to need to be able to deal with prima donna players (not necessarily Beckford) and I worry that this is a real weakness.

I know that I'm putting my head above the parapet, and that I am likely to get shot at, but isn't it a bit strange that Beckford cannot sort his attitude to play at a club in with a good chance of promotion, but seems so to have done, at mid to lower table Huddersfield?

If we get to the promised land of the Premier League, we're going to need to be able to deal with prima donna players (not necessarily Beckford) and I worry that this is a real weakness.

How on earth do you figure he's sorted it at Huddersfield? A few weeks ago, somebody posted a list of posts from their message boards where they feel pretty much the same as most of our fans do; that he is lazy, unprofessional and not willing to work for the team.

There are plenty of top players out there who aren't known for being prima donnas; they aren't a requirement.

Has he? I've read a fair few disparaging comments about Beckford at Huddersfield on their forums - not perhaps the best barometer, I agree, but they don't all seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.. Or perhaps he's found his level. I can only speak for myself, but having seen the majority of his displays for us, home and away, I was relieved when we got shot of him.

Has he? I've read a fair few disparaging comments about Beckford at Huddersfield on their forums - not perhaps the best barometer, I agree, but they don't all seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.. Or perhaps he's found his level. I can only speak for myself, but having seen the majority of his displays for us, home and away, I was relieved when we got shot of him.

I wasn't, I was fuming. But seeing how our performances and general team play have improved since he/they went, I am happy to admit I had nothing to worry about. Although it does annoy me that some seem to think Pearson should change his stance on the types of players he wants rather than expecting the the players to not act like cocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670