Beckford and Danns

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be far more tolerant than me. Or perhaps I am an intolerant person.:icon_cry::icon_razz

Nah I just did, and still do, think Beckford has more talent than the likes of Waghorn and Schlupp currently do. However, that is less important than good team harmony.

Nah I just did, and still do, think Beckford has more talent than the likes of Waghorn and Schlupp currently do. However, that is less important than good team harmony.

Can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't use it in the correct manner, what is the point?

For someone that came into the professional game so late in life, I find Beckford's attitude rather bemusing.
Others in his situation have gone out to make up for lost time, not JB.

Can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't use it in the correct manner, what is the point?

For someone that came into the professional game so late in life, I find Beckford's attitude rather bemusing.
Others in his situation have gone out to make up for lost time, not JB.

Exactly.

It's part of the manager's job to get the best out of 'difficult' players. And whatever is other strengths Pearson isn't too brilliant at that.

I don't think Beckford and Danns are that good but that isn't the real point. The issue is that we have no depth of quality in the squad and when two or three of the better players are out we are more or less incapable of beating anyone in the division. The options of Danns and more particularly Beckford would help. It's not as if there isn't enough money swilling round on other players that we can't afford to pay them.

I really hope that at the end of the season we don't miss out and that this was a contributory feature.

To be honest the club signalled with the prices for the Huddersfield game that this was going to be one for fans who are mugs of astonishingly loyal. It adds insult to injury hen Pearson talks about eanting success in the cup - he wasn't arsed and anyone with any sense knows that.

It's part of the manager's job to get the best out of 'difficult' players. And whatever is other strengths Pearson isn't too brilliant at that.

Despite this constantly being spouting, I am led to believe largely in the case of Beckford was that his attitude or lack of was more of an issue with the playing staff than the management. Particularly when Beckford was getting substanially more than them too.

A fit Beckford surely is more of a threat than Futacs and the other two?

Someone should have told Beckford that year when it took him until March to score 4 league goals... something Vardy managed a while back.

Oh and the fact he didn't want to be here also plays a rather large part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669