Confirmed Transfer Beckford loaned to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only plusses from this is that it`s only until December 29...we can hope to take another striker on loan until then on lower wages...while the 16 games or so Beckford could play for Huddersfield will give him alot of time to get match sharp and playing again..hopefully thhough only scoring 2 or 3 goals and then to peak for us when he returns!

Personally, i would liek to see Futacs given a run up front with the Nuge.

When he returns? I don't believe we will see him in a Leicester shirt again. Waggy is clearly way above him in the pecking order and I doubt very much that we will see any replacements brought in for Beckford.

Utterly abject loan.

Why, why, and... Oh why?

Huddersfield (those giants of world footbAll) ffs, unbelievable!

Oh and I was trying to stay away!
So you ****ing should do, you came on here and made a complete tool of yourself. We beat you 3-1 after weeks of listening to you telling us how you were going to destroy us.

3-1 :038:

When he returns? I don't believe we will see him in a Leicester shirt again. Waggy is clearly way above him in the pecking order and I doubt very much that we will see any replacements brought in for Beckford.

i'm inclined to agree. He hasn't had the game time to merit such a slide down the pecking order. He'll know that too and so won't be eager t come back whilst Pearson is still here.

i'm inclined to agree. He hasn't had the game time to merit such a slide down the pecking order. He'll know that too and so won't be eager t come back whilst Pearson is still here.

How do you know that it isn't Beckford that has been acting the **** and has been looking for this move?

Ok i see your point, didn`t take me too long to agree after a little thought! He needs replacing though with an inspired move ( such as Knockaert for example) by the scouting team and manager , they are a little hit and miss at this over the last year. I think we will get around 1 million for Beckford

How do you know that it isn't Beckford that has been acting the **** and has been looking for this move?

I don't....BUT he got dropped after 2 games. Pearson has been quoted as saying he needs to prove his ability to be selected, yet hasn't given him any opportunity to since dropping him. Waghorn has been poor but still gets on. Vardy hasn't looked to me like a shoe in but has started week in week out. From what I've seen with Beckford on the pitch and bench, it doesn't seem to me like he's a player in a hump, he looks like he has a good relationship with the rest of the squad. I don't see anything to suggest he's done anything wrong. It happens all too often here under Nigel. I don't think we're a club with 3 or 4 Tevez like characters...do you?

I don't....BUT he got dropped after 2 games. Pearson has been quoted as saying he needs to prove his ability to be selected, yet hasn't given him any opportunity to since dropping him.

Are you seriously suggesting that you think Pear Son makes his selection purely based on performances during competitive matches? What, seriously?

What a joke. Replaced or not, we should not be loaning good players to our rivals, especially after what happened last time something very similar happened.

I'm all for Pearson being in charge but decisions like this and his apparent willingness to fall out with players and cut his nose of to spite his face so to speak, do come across as rather bewildering.

Yep. No doubt knowing us, he'll score 30 goals for them by Christmas, and we'll have an agreement already set in the loan that they can buy him in January for no more than 20p and a used condom.

Meh. He should be ahead of Waghorn in the pecking order for sure, but I can't say losing a player who has turned up about once every 6 games for us elicits such a negative reaction from me as some others. Been an incredibly mediocre player for us, just as Di Campbell was and I can't say I regret us shipping him out either.

Meh. He should be ahead of Waghorn in the pecking order for sure, but I can't say losing a player who has turned up about once every 6 games for us elicits such a negative reaction from me as some others. Been an incredibly mediocre player for us, just as Di Campbell was and I can't say I regret us shipping him out either.

Exactly, people seem to think that because he scored for them, loaning him to Blackpool somehow hindered our promotion push. It didn't affect us in the slightest.

I'm disappointed Beckford is gone because I think he is a good player, however, I am quite prepared to believe that he wasn't pulling his weight in training or Pearson thinks he can get better for the wages in January. I'll be a tad disappointed if we don't replace him in Jan though as Schlupp and Waghorn aren't good enough long term.

Agree with Matt and the Prof.

I don't wee why people are so disappointed. Huddersfield are not going to be anywhere near us come the end of the season but they could take points off the bug clubs on their day, which can only help us.

I like Beckford and think he's been massively under-used. We should've made him the focal point of attacks from the start to make the most of his attributes and to give him some confidence. I think a more "back to basics" manager would've got more out of him.

That said, he's been disappointing for the most part and, on top of that, something appears to have turned his head (maybe trying to flog him on deadline day?!). Get some of his wages (I doubt all) off of the books and remove his influence until we can get rid permanently.

If the rumours of his agent engineering the move on deadline day and informing the club his client was going out on loan at 11pm are true. Then good riddance.

Agree with Matt and the Prof.

I don't wee why people are so disappointed. Huddersfield are not going to be anywhere near us come the end of the season but they could take points off the bug clubs on their day, which can only help us.

I like Beckford and think he's been massively under-used. We should've made him the focal point of attacks from the start to make the most of his attributes and to give him some confidence. I think a more "back to basics" manager would've got more out of him.

That said, he's been disappointing for the most part and, on top of that, something appears to have turned his head (maybe trying to flog him on deadline day?!). Get some of his wages (I doubt all) off of the books and remove his influence until we can get rid permanently.

I'm glad you don't! :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670