Confirmed Transfer Beckford to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Perfectly fine goalscorer on his day. Genuinely wish him all the best.

Yeah, never really given a real opportunity to excel here. Wish him all the best and anyone who nets a hat trick against a local rival is alright in my book.

Last edited:
Another of those players that seemed to improve ( in people's minds) the longer he was absent from the first team.

Yeah, never really given a real opportunity to excel here. Wish him all the best and anyone who nets a hat trick against a local rival is alright in my book.

Only pretty much a full season.

No problem with him leaving mind. I think both parties realised they ****ed up straight after the deal. We were paying far too much for an inconsistent striker whilst Beckford just wanted to play. The club played the normal games to try and force a transfer request and at the same time Beckford's agent played it well too.

Beckford seemed to go from two extremes. Games like the Forest one, Middlesbrough and Birmingham where he'd take the game by the scruff of the neck and then performances like that at West Brom where he stared down the fans upon him leaving the pitch, similarly applauding the Leeds fans whilst playing and idling about on the half-way line during a corner against Peterborough.

Only pretty much a full season.

No problem with him leaving mind. I think both parties realised they ****ed up straight after the deal. We were paying far too much for an inconsistent striker whilst Beckford just wanted to play. The club played the normal games to try and force a transfer request and at the same time Beckford's agent played it well too.

Beckford seemed to go from two extremes. Games like the Forest one, Middlesbrough and Birmingham where he'd take the game by the scruff of the neck and then performances like that at West Brom where he stared down the fans upon him leaving the pitch, similarly applauding the Leeds fans whilst playing and idling about on the half-way line during a corner against Peterborough.
Did you mean West Ham?

It's called the Neil Danns effect. Despite him having all the grace of an elephant, he's a great player and just what City need according to some.

It's nothing new at Leicester, often we are desperate to see a different bunch of cloggers even though the other alternatives are so shite it's a waste of time. I remember many years ago hearing people shouting for the manager to "bring Stefan Moore on". Now if he was the answer to our plight it's no surprise we continued to be shit.

I was at that game and genuinely remember wanting to punch his ****ing lights out.
I was there too and can understand your desire to get physical. But then again booing your own players seldom leads to any good.

I was there too and can understand your desire to get physical. But then again booing your own players seldom leads to any good.

I have never done that myself, I was however livid with his pathetic display, I also thought punching him in the head would make a bigger point than a pathetic little 'Boo' :)

Yeah he had pretty much a full season which started off poorly but by the end showed real signs of a blossoming strike partnership between beckford and nugent. This was consigned to the scrap heap the next season when Pearson bought and persisted with that quality replacement Vardy. It may have been down to attitude and/or budget restraints but I don't think we can say that as a club we really gave beckford much chance of succeeding in his role beyond the tail end of his first season

...but I don't think we can say that as a club we really gave beckford much chance of succeeding in his role beyond the tail end of his first season

Despite it having been pointed out that he had 43 on-the-pitch opportunities and an endless supply of training sessions to succeed at this club?

Hmmm no winners, poor form. F.O.T.C. stands for Flight of the Conchords.

Yeah he had pretty much a full season which started off poorly but by the end showed real signs of a blossoming strike partnership between beckford and nugent. This was consigned to the scrap heap the next season when Pearson bought and persisted with that quality replacement Vardy. It may have been down to attitude and/or budget restraints but I don't think we can say that as a club we really gave beckford much chance of succeeding in his role beyond the tail end of his first season

So Beckford is really a great player and its Pearsons fault. I see .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669