Beer Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
First brew is going swimmingly at the moment, a lovely head forming and it's bubbling away.

Its an old way of doing it. Just remember whoever makes this ale has gobbed in it when he starts syphoning :icon_lol:

Its an old way of doing it. Just remember whoever makes this ale has gobbed in it when he starts syphoning :icon_lol:

Seems to get by far the best results according to reviews from those that have used it and minimal fuss.

Its not revolutionary its just all the bits sold as one kit. I would recommend Tom Caxton or Geordie to use as the concentrate. I would purchase a hydrometer to ensure the specific gravity is right before syphoning either into bottles (I would sterilse with camden tablets) or a pressurised barrel with a co2 cylinder. Beer Finings can also be added to imrove clarity.

Got ours bottled last week, can't wait to get them cracked open :038: We've attempted to make a proper ale first time round and will attempt a lager next time round.

Got ours bottled last week, can't wait to get them cracked open :038: We've attempted to make a proper ale first time round and will attempt a lager next time round.

Did you add sugar to each bottle?

That's what we used. Any other tips you can give mate?

Sounds like you have it all under control. :icon_lol: I would try the following

Geordie Lager

Tom Caxton Bitter

Edme german style lager (best one i ever made)

Edme stout is nearly a guiness.

Its not revolutionary its just all the bits sold as one kit. I would recommend Tom Caxton or Geordie to use as the concentrate. I would purchase a hydrometer to ensure the specific gravity is right before syphoning either into bottles (I would sterilse with camden tablets) or a pressurised barrel with a co2 cylinder. Beer Finings can also be added to imrove clarity.

So less Brubox and more http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/index.php/complete-woodfordes-starter-equipment-set.html

??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00