Before/After game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

.....beers. Where does everyone go for a beer either before or after a home match?

Lako42

before- the gateway
after- occasionally the bricklayers arms, welford road

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Used to love the Swan and Rushes before the game :icon_bigg Those were the days.

1884 now.

Joe_Fox

I thought you all went to counting house - or is that foxestalk lot - cheap pepsi offers or something.

Matt_B

Duzza said:
Used to love the Swan and Rushes before the game :icon_bigg Those were the days.

1884 now.

Yeah it was great before it got German beers in!! The quay or Loaf for us lot now

Naughty Fox

alex said:

It aint on match days!!! Either that or I am a closet Elvis (allegedly).
Always drink in there before matches, not as crowded as it used to be. Great chip butties.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Fawkeye said:
I used to go to the Swan and Rushes back in Filbo days!

It was the business back in the filbo days. Used to love it, 11am, newspaper, pint of lager, football focus. Loved it.

psychotic.fox

used to go to the western, then the turnstyle(wot a shit-hole).
the swan and rushes depending on who we were playing.
or the old vic( its a trendy nurses pub now i think)

these days i have to make do with a quick cuppa before i leave or i end up spending the entire match in the pisser. actually thats been a good thing , standing there pissing has recently been far more entertainig than watching that shower of sh1t on the pitch

Lako42

the brickies isnt a gay pub anymore, i live next door and my flatmate works there. its a good pub. allways got the footy on and a cracking kareoke on thurs and sats :) quality beans

Cate Fox

Banter, The Quay, Brauny gate mostly..... have only been in 1884 a couple of times. Brickies is alright afterwards if heading into town for a few bevvies...

alex

lako42 said:
the brickies isnt a gay pub anymore, i live next door and my flatmate works there. its a good pub. allways got the footy on and a cracking kareoke on thurs and sats :) quality beans

I love it there pal, just kidding....!!!

webmaster

lako42 said:
the brickies isnt a gay pub anymore, i live next door and my flatmate works there. its a good pub. allways got the footy on and a cracking kareoke on thurs and sats

I lived across the road from it for years, but only ever went in there a couple of times, and that was just to watch us on TV the 4-0 at d*rby being one occasion :icon_bigg

The Karaoke is awful though, some people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone, either that or they should turn the volume down so local residents aren't forced to listen to it. There was a woman who used to sing holding out for a hero every week, I'll never know why someone didn't tell her to shut the **** up :018:

Lako42

HAHAHA granted theres quite a few vocally challenged people who have a crack, but thats part of the fun. anyway now im down there it's more like an evening with englebert :) vocally that is

Real Sharapova

Swan & Rushes ( back bar ) before the game with some of the London Branch
and to meet some former LB members who've moved away from London and Out of The Vaults after the game - handy for the Station & train back to London.:beer: :beer: :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669