Ben Sahar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Yong Chelsea reserve we have been "linked to" has gone on loan to QPR, 26th July and we havent got anyone in on loan or any ex Pompey .unbelievable.

Yong Chelsea reserve we have been "linked to" has gone on loan to QPR, 26th July and we havent got anyone in on loan or any ex Pompey .unbelievable.

When and where were we linked to him?

Why do we want loans when we can buy who we need, and what ex-pompy players do you want :102:

Loans get you quality young players on the cheap for a season. Sahar is already good enough for his national team and would be fantastic for any championship team but he's not good enough for the Chelsea first team yet. Why bother wasting a million quid on someone or so when we could get someone like Sahar in on loan for a season who could probably do just as good a job?

Loans get you quality young players on the cheap for a season. Sahar is already good enough for his national team and would be fantastic for any championship team but he's not good enough for the Chelsea first team yet. Why bother wasting a million quid on someone or so when we could get someone like Sahar in on loan for a season who could probably do just as good a job?

So what your saying is we might as well just loan all of our players instead of buying our own assets.

Why on gods earth would you rent a house when you can buy one?

Last edited:
When and where were we linked to him?

You beat me to it mate..... the only place we have been linked with this guy is by a few people on here and those championship manager loving teengaers over on *****talk.

I wouldn't mind taking the odd very good player on loan but I would much rather we actually bought a player so at the end of the season our squad was not ripped apart when all the loanees depart. As for the Pompey players - I don't think there is a single player I would want from Portsmouth. I would have liked Richard Hughes but not now we have Clemence. Of course, before anyone suggests I wouldn't want Sol Campbell or David James or any other established star at Pompey I am saying of the players we could possibly get none seem any way appealing.

Why do we assume that any kid at Chelsea or Man Utd or Arsenal is automatically a great player who would improvce our side? For every Muamba and Bendtner there is a hundred kids who don't make it.

for a start our own young lads beat the likes of arsenal last season anyway.

and then base a team around him only to lose him for nothing at the end of the season when he goes back to Chelsea. Look at the plight of Leeds last season when they failed to get promotion and lost half their first-team.

You beat me to it mate..... the only place we have been linked with this guy is by a few people on here and those championship manager loving teengaers over on *****talk.

I wouldn't mind taking the odd very good player on loan but I would much rather we actually bought a player so at the end of the season our squad was not ripped apart when all the loanees depart. As for the Pompey players - I don't think there is a single player I would want from Portsmouth. I would have liked Richard Hughes but not now we have Clemence. Of course, before anyone suggests I wouldn't want Sol Campbell or David James or any other established star at Pompey I am saying of the players we could possibly get none seem any way appealing.

Why do we assume that any kid at Chelsea or Man Utd or Arsenal is automatically a great player who would improvce our side? For every Muamba and Bendtner there is a hundred kids who don't make it.

Couldnt put it better myself :038:

There are lots of reasons to do that, I wish you'd think before posting nonsense.

For example it's cheaper, in the short team at least. It's more flexible. It means you can try before you buy.

Bet you'd rather have had Douglas and Maybury on loan instead of signing them on long contracts.

So what your saying is we might as well just loan all of our players instead of buying our own assets.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that loans are a cost-effective way of bringing in good players for a season. It was clear our squad needed serious rebuilding and we needed to spend some money, which we have done. I just don't see the point in spending something like 1.5 mil on someone like McCleod, who is completely unproven at this level, when we could've got someone like Sahar in on loan who is already highly rated by his club and turns out regularly for his national team.

There's spending money sensibly and then there's spending money for the sake of it.

There are lots of reasons to do that, I wish you'd think before posting nonsense.

For example it's cheaper, in the short team at least. It's more flexible. It means you can try before you buy.

Bet you'd rather have had Douglas and Maybury on loan instead of signing them on long contracts.

So if you had £500k and you wanted a house you would rather rent?

If you have the money already and you rent, your just wasting it.

Last edited:

This house analogy is shit mate.

If you bought a house for 500k that looked good on paper then you found out it had a load of dry rot you wouldn't be happy would you? Wouldn't be your problem if you were renting, would it?

This house analogy is shit mate.

If you bought a house for 500k that looked good on paper then you found out it had a load of dry rot you wouldn't be happy would you? Wouldn't be your problem if you were renting, would it?

For a start i wouldnt buy a house for 500k without having it thoroughly checked out.

Who said anything about having £500k?

and even if you did, if you only want to live somewhere for a short while, you would rent.

If you think the value would go down, you would rent.

If you need the capital for business purposes, you would rent.

If you don't have the money for a deposit, you would rent.

If you don't know what your future income would be, you would rent.

Enough reasons for you?

Would you like to make some more sweeping generalisations so I can disagree with you again?

Who said anything about having £500k?

and even if you did, if you only want to live somewhere for a short while, you would rent.

If you think the value would go down, you would rent.

If you need the capital for business purposes, you would rent.

If you don't have the money for a deposit, you would rent.

If you don't know what your future income would be, you would rent.

Enough reasons for you?

Would you like to make some more sweeping generalisations so I can disagree with you again?

Thats great jeff but none of those scenarios apply to us.

For a start i wouldnt buy a house for 500k without having it thoroughly checked out.

Well you've just answered your own ****ing question! We don't know what we're getting with someone like McCleod - it could be money down the drain.

If Sahar's a flop we can just send him packing back to London.

I win. :icon_cool

Well you've just answered your own ****ing question! We don't know what we're getting with someone like McCleod - it could be money down the drain.

If Sahar's a flop we can just send him packing back to London.

I win. :icon_cool

and if he's good we have him for one season only. If McLeod is good we have him for the length of his contract. As for having him checked out - I would think Martin Allen had more than enough time to do that when he managed him for an entire season.

Thats great jeff but none of those scenarios apply to us.

Why not?

Do you know how much money MM has available to spend?

It's likely to be much more cost effective to get a couple of quality young loan players in from the Premiership than to sign an old has been who won't last more than a year. Do you not think MM is a good enough businessman to realise that?
And at least if they turn out to be rubbish we can send them back.

Maybe you think we should have signed Ryan Smith for a couple of million rather than getting him on loan.

And the bit in particular I was disagreeing with is when you said "Why on gods earth would you rent a house when you can buy one?", I've already given you lots of good reasons.

and if he's good we have him for one season only. If McLeod is good we have him for the length of his contract. As for having him checked out - I would think Martin Allen had more than enough time to do that when he managed him for an entire season.

At MK Dons, not at Championship level. There is a huge difference.

My whole point was that with Sahar, there is no risk, but with McLeod there is. If Sahar came to us, played well and propelled us back into the prem then I'm sure we'd get financial backing off of Milan for some better quality players to make sure we stayed there. Now McLeod could do the same thing, but if he didnt we'd be stuck in the Championship having wasted a million quid on a striker. If Sahar didn't perform, he'd be back off to Chelsea without costing us too much.

At MK Dons, not at Championship level. There is a huge difference.

My whole point was that with Sahar, there is no risk, but with McLeod there is. If Sahar came to us, played well and propelled us back into the prem then I'm sure we'd get financial backing off of Milan for some better quality players to make sure we stayed there. Now McLeod could do the same thing, but if he didnt we'd be stuck in the Championship having wasted a million quid on a striker. If Sahar didn't perform, he'd be back off to Chelsea without costing us too much.

totally agree my friend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670