Ben Sahar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not?

Do you know how much money MM has available to spend?

It's likely to be much more cost effective to get a couple of quality young loan players in from the Premiership than to sign an old has been who won't last more than a year. Do you not think MM is a good enough businessman to realise that?.

When Milan spoke to the shareholders prior to taking over the club, he specifically stated his intention to bring in a couple of players on loan from top Prem clubs.

Logically he would focus on full signings first, so when the talk is of 3/4 more players still to arrive, wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these are this type of loan

So if you had £500k and you wanted a house you would rather rent?

If you have the money already and you rent, your just wasting it.

So, having spent your £500k on a really cheap and cheerful 2 up 2 down (lets face it, it ain't gonna buy you top of the range), what are you going to do next year when someone drives an artic through your front room and it ends up that you have to spend another 500k to rebuild it, only to find that it really isn't what it was promised to be in the first place!

Silly analogy anyway if you ask me

how is it. you either rent the player or you buy him. exactly the same.

No its not .............

to rent/loan a player that player is with your club for X amount of time ,ie a year

to buy a player the said player would be at the club for 2-3 year plus the player could be sold on to make a proffit ,where the rent/loan player gose back to his club after the rent/loan time is up and you carnt make a proffit

how is it. you either rent the player or you buy him. exactly the same.

Not really, you buy something, the responsibility and ownership is yours, you loan/rent him/it and it's a totally different kettle of fish, especially from the psychie of the player

Not really, you buy something, the responsibility and ownership is yours, you loan/rent him/it and it's a totally different kettle of fish, especially from the psychie of the player

im not saying buying and renting are the same thing, im saying loaning the player is the same as renting and buying is the same as, well buying a player.

Ffs lets leave it at that.

Of course you have to remember that with some player loans you can get an option to buy as well!

There are lots of reasons to do that, I wish you'd think before posting nonsense.

For example it's cheaper, in the short team at least. It's more flexible. It means you can try before you buy.

Bet you'd rather have had Douglas and Maybury on loan instead of signing them on long contracts.

:icon_eek:What about Elvis? We had him on loan and then paid £200k for him!

Last edited:
Just look at last season, most the sides that finished in the top 6 had loan players from big clubs.

If Leicester got a couple of loan players on the same level as Ben Sahar then i would be very happy!

If they help the club finish in the top 6 who cares if we buy them or not?!

What a bizarre thread

Of course we will benefit from getting loan players in - to think otherwise is pure madness. What world do you people live in ?

I would be astonished if we don't have at least two on our books by the time the season gets underway, and a feckin' good thing too

The whole World goes feckin' mad in summertime - feckin' roll on 11th August

This is good fun.

Ben Sahar is contracted to Chelsea and probably lives an easy commute from west London (possibly he rents, I couldn't say). I would imagine the only club who might have gazumped QPR for his loan services are Fulham.

As for us loaning players - Villa, Arsenal and Spurs are probably the best bets for similar boring transport-related reasons.

This is good fun.

Ben Sahar is contracted to Chelsea and probably lives an easy commute from west London (possibly he rents, I couldn't say). I would imagine the only club who might have gazumped QPR for his loan services are Fulham.

As for us loaning players - Villa, Arsenal and Spurs are probably the best bets for similar boring transport-related reasons.

But if someone was coming on a season long loan they'd move here anyway. although I expect they'd rent a house, rather than buy one :icon_roll

Sure, but it's what you're used to. Sahar probably has friends, and possibly family, in that area. He's 18 or so. Once the QPR loan option came up why would he want to go anywhere else?

If I'm not mistaken we have had a large number of our recent loans from the three clubs I mentioned too. The issue isn't a deal-breaker but it would have an effect, I think.

Sure, but it's what you're used to. Sahar probably has friends, and possibly family, in that area. He's 18 or so. Once the QPR loan option came up why would he want to go anywhere else?

I can think of lots of reasons.

I see your point with Villa mate but Arsenal and Spurs are not exactly much closer to us than Chelsea. Villa do seem to have good young players we could borrow for a season. The only player I would really like to see here on loan and be really excited about would be Chris Eagles - he could be the attacking midfielder we are looking for. I know he is playing for Utd in pre-season but as someone else said with them signing three midfielders he's not likely to feature much during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00