best at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, to answer your original question, ted.

This is the worst I have ever felt towards this club in my 35 years in this hell. I have not even the slightest affinity with any single player, not one. There isn't one that I would be sad to see go, both on and emotional and professional level.

I wish I could hate them, but I find them all irrelevant and non descript.

That said, I think Hendrie could become a vital part of this team, and so far I have enjoyed watching him.

Nice bit of bullying chaps.

Lee Hendrie looked a class above on Saturday at times I thought....to answer the question, but our most valuable assets on the pitch must be Kisnorbo and Hume I would imagine, with both Stearman and Mattock coming up from behind....(a bit like HF).

not a good bunch to pick from but for me, kisnorbo and hume. i think lee hendrie's a good player but havent seen him play for us yet, so he could be an addition to the list in the future.

In 30 odd years i have only been truly disappointed/gutted by the loss of

Mark Wallington
Gary Lineker
Alan Smith
Steve Walsh.
Stevie Lynex.

Those players had something that was written into the fabric of Leicester City fc.

I couldnt have given a donkeys nob about any of the others

This is the worst I have ever felt towards this club in my 35 years in this hell. I have not even the slightest affinity with any single player, not one. There isn't one that I would be sad to see go, both on and emotional and professional level.

I wish I could hate them, but I find them all irrelevant and non descript.

I find myself having those sort of thoughts when thinking about professional football in general.

Can't decide if I am influenced by our very own consistent bunch of underperformers or by how hyped up and financially driven the game is these days.

In 30 odd years i have only been truly disappointed/gutted by the loss of

Mark Wallington
Gary Lineker
Alan Smith
Steve Walsh.
Stevie Lynex.

Those players had something that was written into the fabric of Leicester City fc.

I couldnt have given a donkeys nob about any of the others

what about Frank Worthington?

Just before my time BG, and also Weller would have been on the list as well. I missed them by about 3 years.
Weller the best player i have had the honour to watch in a Leicester shirt,I try to explain to my 15 year old son how good he was but its hard work as hes been brought up on the under achievment of the last few years

Just before my time BG, and also Weller would have been on the list as well. I missed them by about 3 years.

One of the best moments of my young life was handing my autograph book to Keith Weller in the home changing rooms on an open day* and getting the great man to do the business for me.

*Yes, in those days the fans meant something to the club and we were allowed in the dressing room whilst <shock> the players were in there too!

"Servant to the club" implies that there is some love, pride and passion felt by the player towards the club, so that rules out the entire squad.

"Hero in the stands" implies that there is a player who diplays unerring (sp) commitment to the club and its fans, producing moments of magic to pull something special out of the bag, so that rules out the entire squad.

I find myself having those sort of thoughts when thinking about professional football in general.

Can't decide if I am influenced by our very own consistent bunch of underperformers or by how hyped up and financially driven the game is these days.
My current feelings entirely.

I have a 2008 LCFC calendar. This month it is Mark De Vries and Radostin Kishishev. Last month it was Elvis, Darren Kenton and Matty Fryatt. January was Paul Henderson, Jimmy Neilsen and Marton Fulop. I'm looking forward to next month....another assortment of heroes to tell my children about.

Out of all of the squad I can't name one player that i consider to be a 'servant of the club' as it implies a level of loyalty and proven commitment over many seasons. To attain 'hero in the stands' status would undoubtedly require a level of performance and skill on a regular basis for a decent amount of time...again, something that no player in this squad has done.

Hume by a long long way, if he didnt keep getting played out of position that is

"Servant to the club" implies that there is some love, pride and passion felt by the player towards the club, so that rules out the entire squad.

A bit too harsh. Mattock is playing for the team he supports and Stearman, despite the abuse he gets, seems wedded to the club. Which is perhaps more than we should expect - players also know the reality; as soon as a big enough offer comes in they will be sold. And since fans, recognising this, are increasingly fickle, why would you expect love, pride and passion?

The only player I've got any time for is Mattock.

Local, learning, gives his all for the cause, talented. A better player than the rest are/will ever be. He'll also be off first chance he gets if he's got any sense.

The only player I've got any time for is Mattock.

Local, learning, gives his all for the cause, talented. A better player than the rest are/will ever be. He'll also be off first chance he gets if he's got any sense.

I agree with this.

As much as I hope he stays for a while, he deserves to play in a better team than ours. I hope he goes far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669