best city formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we have to stick with a 4-4-2 formation. Whilst 3-5-2 may work in this division, we must be looking towards the Premiership and there, 3-5-2 would be slaughtered.
With Weso injured, the paucity of our central midfield is cruelly exposed and I would hope that mountains are being moved in the attempt to add at least one more decent player in that bracket.

GM stated after the villa game that 352 was not his favoured formation i dont think we will use it much, nothing th fear in this division! Back to 442 on saturday hopefully with a similar performance

GM stated after the villa game that 352 was not his favoured formation i dont think we will use it much, nothing th fear in this division! Back to 442 on saturday hopefully with a similar performance

More like 5-3-2 last night, ending up as 8-1-1.

I think that we have to stick with a 4-4-2 formation. Whilst 3-5-2 may work in this division, we must be looking towards the Premiership and there, 3-5-2 would be slaughtered.
With Weso injured, the paucity of our central midfield is cruelly exposed and I would hope that mountains are being moved in the attempt to add at least one more decent player in that bracket.

You are completely right, why would we want to play a formation that, in your own words, "work in this division". They may get it too embedded in their heads and forget to change formation if we get to the premiership. Bless

Unless there is some dramatic improvement in pace, skill and stamina of our team, I do not think we need worry about what formation works in the Premiership - most of our team will never be playing in it!

Play the formation that works now. If that, Go forbid, is 8-1-1 to consistently achieve a 1-0 win then so be it.

It does bring back the most awful memories of Tw*t Taylor announcing on his arrival that 'If you build a team that does not not concede goals you will never lose a game'. I do not think we scored for the next two years!

It does bring back the most awful memories of Tw*t Taylor announcing on his arrival that 'If you build a team that does not not concede goals you will never lose a game'. I do not think we scored for the next two years!

But he got us to the top of the Prem for two weeks during the international break!

You are completely right, why would we want to play a formation that, in your own words, "work in this division". They may get it too embedded in their heads and forget to change formation if we get to the premiership. Bless

Because we need to focus, not just upon getting to the prem, derby have done that, we need the bones of the team that will be able to keep us there. :icon_roll

fulop

mcauley kisnorbo ngotty

kaebi hellings kishishev clemence porter

hume stapleton

:038:

How can you say that about Kaebit and Hellings:102:, for a start Hellings insn't that good and none of them have hardly proved a point to us fans.

I don't think that we have the players to play 3-5-2 properly. Last night was definately more 5-3-2 which worked while we managed not to concede. If we had gone behind with 7 defenders on the field and 3 more on the bench we would have been well and truely fecked. Until we find some creativity in midfield then it doesn't matter what formation we play it will have to be shut up shop and hope to hit them on the break.

I don't think that we have the players to play 3-5-2 properly. Last night was definately more 5-3-2 which worked while we managed not to concede. If we had gone behind with 7 defenders on the field and 3 more on the bench we would have been well and truely fecked. Until we find some creativity in midfield then it doesn't matter what formation we play it will have to be shut up shop and hope to hit them on the break.

we finished the game with only 2 players (Clemence and Campbell) who were not defenders

3 - 5- 2 has been the formation we should be playing all season.
yesterday showed that we've got more strength in depth in defense, and we've got players that have a bit of pace up front.
NGotty MCauley and Kisnorbo need the safety of the 3 at the back in the same way that Elliot, Taggart, Watts etc worked better that way.
Clemence is a good passer and motivator, but needs the support in the middle that 2 other centre midfielders give him.
Only having two wide positions means that we can have comeptition for places. Sheehan cometing versus Mattock, Porter, Hellings is more healthy than having to pick two of three. The Same with Chambers, Stearman, Kaebi, Newton on the right.
Hume could play as a striker or as the third attacking midfielder (early izzet, scott taylor sort of style).
We could use several loan players and to ship the transfer listed players.
But the formation screams out as a better way of using our current squad.
IT AINT GOING TO BE PRETTY THOUGH!
but the City side that O'Neill got promoted won a lot of games 1 -0.
QUestion: Is it worth giving Sappleton a chance given that he is being billed a little like a young Heskey? massive, mobile, eye for goal, battering ram.

Losing to charlton wasn't pretty.
Winning games 1-0 is beautiful.
Winning breeds confidence, both for the players and supporters alike.
Improves the atmsophere that at times is stale to say the least.

Bring it on!!

Losing to charlton wasn't pretty.
Winning games 1-0 is beautiful.
Winning breeds confidence, both for the players and supporters alike.
Improves the atmsophere that at times is stale to say the least.

Bring it on!!

And we can have a great new chant:
"One nil, to the Arsen, er, Leicester boys..."

Wed all settle for 1-0 tomorrow but i expect a 4-4-2 formation unless we score early then we might switch.

I think it has to be 3-5-2
Fullop
ngotty kisnorbo mcauley (cb's)
Chambers (wb) Sheehan (wb)
clemence Weslowski & ?
Hume & ?

- kaebi should be Chambers' understudy & when he gets a game if he sets the world alight as hoped by MM when he signed him, then he should keep it.
- I don't know who the 3rd midfielder should be but I know it shouldn't be Kishichev (can't play with Clemence) nor Hellings. A new signing?
- foward to play with Hume might also need to be a new signing if Campbell, Cort and Fryatt can't stake a successful claim (they might).

Last edited:
I think it has to be 3-5-2
Fullop
ngotty kisnorbo mcauley (cb's)
Chambers (wb) Sheehan (wb)
clemence Weslowski & ?
Hume & ?

- kaebi should be Chambers' understudy & when he gets a game if he sets the world alight as hoped by MM when he signed him, then he should keep it.
- I don't know who the 3rd midfielder should be but I know it shouldn't be Kishichev (can't play with Clemence) nor Hellings. A new signing?
- foward to play with Hume might also need to be a new signing if Campbell, Cort and Fryatt can't stake a successful claim (they might).

Weso's out for some time - add another ? to your line-up.;)

I thought GM said after the Villa match that he would probably play 4-4-2. If so, I would expect: -

Fulop
N'Gotty MacAuley Kisnorbo Sheehan

Stearman Clemence Kishishev Mattock

Hume Fryatt

Subs Henderson, Chambers, Kaebi, Newton, De Vries

Similar to Wednesday's starting line up it let's GM play 6 defenders and bring a couple more on if we go 1 up or 2 down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566