best in leicester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the swedish foxes are coming...well to leicester anyway..no ticket..but not down hearted..

A bit of advise is required

1: Best PUB/Sports bar
2: best pub crawl street/area
3:best night club - if we get that far..
4: Best curry house

and finally is the national space center worth visiting?

Cheers

In my opinion:

1. Not really any sports bars that I know of, Orange Tree is a good place to drink in the city, the 1884 at the Walkers Stadium would probably be the best bet pre-match.

2. Depends what you are after really. Granby Street has a load of bars, Market street has a few (same area). Then there is the High Street area (Orange Tree, Cafe Bruxelles) and the new Highcross complex (same area).

3. Again, depends what you are after. Churchgate is probably the busiest (and chaviest) area. I personally like the Fan Club (near the bus station) - it's essentially an indie club although since it's bizarre extension it now has a general music area and a dance section. Mosh is a good club for a mixture of music too - this is in the High Street area.

4. London Road is the best option here I'd say. Nila Palace is reasonable from wht I can remember although haven't had a ruby murray in Leicester for ages!

Hope that helps,
Joe_Fox

IMO

1. Best pub - Terrace/Fat Cats

2. Belvoir Street for me. Loads of pubs. The above 2 plus yates's, glasshouse, marz and just up the road is the old original 4 (dunno what its called now)

3. Depends what you want. Fan club is good for cheesey music and some indie classics. You want to party with the youngsters then Life or Liquid or if you just want some slags then i'd suggest Zanzibar. The only club i've pulled in everytime. Quite an achievement for me!

4. Yeah London Road has some good curry houses. Nila Palace being my fave

Best Pub - Taps

Best Area - Braunstone Gate/Narborough Road

Best Club - Basement/Sophbeck Sessions for late night, Audio for somewhere trendy or for cheese - Fan Club

Best Curry House - City Centre wise, London Road or if you manage a taxi ride - Belgrave Road

In my opinion:

1. Best Pubs - Fat Cats / Terraces (in City). Mobius / The O Bar (Braunstone Gate 1 mile from City Centre).

2. Best crawl street area - Braunstone Gate (fewer chavs)

3. Don't know - see other posts for help. Heard that Fan Club is good.

4. Marten Inn, 98 Marten Street, LE4 6EU (mile or two from City Centre). Tiranga, Melton Road. Both highly recommended and frequented by many Indians which indicates the quality. Food not aimed at the 'white' man as in many curry houses. Geniune Indian food at a decent price.

cheers lads...did not release the 1884 bar at the "Walkers" was open unless there is match on...will start there i think...

If it's a good night out you're wanting there's a place up near London Road somewhere called the train station. It's usually busy but I always ask for the 1925 to 'Any ****ing Where', it's their special.

the swedish foxes are coming...well to leicester anyway..no ticket..but not down hearted..

Cheers

1: probably O'neills, the Globe
2: Braunstone gate
3: I'd say Fan Club, townie places like 'Liquid' are full of wankers
4: yeah...London Road

Cheers

Best Pub: Cat Cats (Belvoir Street) Mobius (Braunstone Gate)

Best Pub Crawl: Braunstone Gate/Narborough Road or Belvoir Street is you want city centre

Best night club: Fan Club near bus station (indie'ish), Superfly off Belvoir street, Manilla near the market place.

4: Curry House: The Curry House on London Road next to antibos's is decent and reasonable price. Short walk from Belvoir Street/city centre. If you want to stay down Braunstone gate there are a few small places on Narborough Road, again a short walk.

If you're a "chav" go down Churchgate, loads of pubs/clubs and you can have a fight afterwards.

Go to Bambu on Welford road.

Never even heard of taps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572