Best LCFC Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperLCFCanstey

my mate at work has the book "Shit Ground, No Fans" which is basically a book with all clubs known songs, and we didnt have many good ones. just one which went "Forest live on the shit side of the trent, de de de de de de x 5" (to the tune of always look on the bright side of life)

i quite like the new gareth williams one :"gareth williams is our friend, is our friend, is our friend, gareth williams is our friend...he haaaates forest!" (to the tune of londons bridge)

personal fave is when a sub comes on "substition for Forest, number 2 Andy Impey WHO?! on for number 4 Alan RogersWHO?!" or any player, that really gets to the opposition fans.

but whats your personal faveroite?[/b]

cooperLCFCanstey said:
we didnt have many good ones. just one which went "Forest live on the shit side of the trent, de de de de de de x 5" (to the tune of always look on the bright side of life)

hmmm....hardly a filbo favourite that
if that's all that was in the book i'd say they'v not done a great deal of research

Macky said:
cooperLCFCanstey said:
we didnt have many good ones. just one which went "Forest live on the shit side of the trent, de de de de de de x 5" (to the tune of always look on the bright side of life)

hmmm....hardly a filbo favourite that
if that's all that was in the book i'd say they'v not done a great deal of research

Its true alot of the songs in there are total rubbish i think they must have made half of them up

some guy doing a really important degree at liverpool uni or something did research into the best football chant and made formula going by relevance and who its directed to etc. the result = us against leeds last season when they were winning and some guy other side of the barrier to me was being a prick and singing "going down" among other shite (pretty much on his own) so me and a few others started singing "so are we" for a few minutes before the whole leicester end were singing it, a few months ago i read about it in 'the scotsman' as well, incredible stuff!

"When your smilin" is always good.

its our song and it sums up what being a city fan is all about.

".....THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!!!!"

Slight digression from favourite songs to nicknames....could MDV (or Wilcox or Canero or....) be in contention for being our very own Gez "Tampax" Murphy (in for a week and out for three) currently of Nuneaton Boro' and my mate tells me ex Fox but I don't remember him.....

ScarboroughFox said:
cant see how shouting WHO is a song :-? but it is pretty cool!!

My flatmates fiance brought him that book the other week some of them are quite funnt espically the 'would you like another Stella Georgie Best...etc.' :lol: :lol: :lol:

no its not a song, more of a chant but is one of my faves. yeah the books pretty poor obviously didnt go to the games and listen to the fans, there was one in there which went "dickov is a scotsman, he lives in a council flat, he plays up front with deano, (something i dont remember) he scores them with his left foot, he scores them with his right (then something i 4got)" but i dont remember ever singing that to him? anyway the books pretty poor, but that george best stella one in the man city section would be funny to hear at a game.

fitz said:
some guy doing a really important degree at liverpool uni or something did research into the best football chant and made formula going by relevance and who its directed to etc. the result = us against leeds last season when they were winning and some guy other side of the barrier to me was being a prick and singing "going down" among other shite (pretty much on his own) so me and a few others started singing "so are we" for a few minutes before the whole leicester end were singing it, a few months ago i read about it in 'the scotsman' as well, incredible stuff!

Yeah I read that in the sun 8)

come on now, to the tune of 'my old man's a dustman'...

ALL TOGETHER...

''Iwan is a Welshman, he wears a Welshman's hat
He lives next door to Julian and he lives in a council flat...

He scores 'em with his left foot
He scores 'em with his right
and when we play the Derby
He scores all f***ing night..."

Stevie Stevie Agnew,
Stevie Stevie Agnew,
He's Got No Hair,
But We Don't Care,
Stevie Stevie Agnew

Boston to Grimsby fans earlier in the season..."You only sing when you're fishing"

Sing to anyone from up north.. mancs, geordies, scousers etc.

"Does the social know you're here?"

"What's it like to have a job?"

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Stevie Stevie Agnew,
Stevie Stevie Agnew,
He's Got No Hair,
But We Don't Care,
Stevie Stevie Agnew

Boston to Grimsby fans earlier in the season..."You only sing when you're fishing"

I prefer the same chant but with Kevin "ROOSTER" Russell as the subject.

Also the tree's song

If i had the wings of an eagle,
if i had the ar8e of a crow'
i'd fly over Nottm F****t,
and sh*t on the barstools below below,
sh*t on,sh*t on, sh*t on the barstools below below

Fox Fan said:
fitz said:

Yeah I read that in the sun 8)

quite odd to think that i started the best chant ever, but this guy clearly doesnt get out often if he studies football chants, so wont of heard many better.....planning on keeping charlton's chant of 'the red red robin' quiet as that clearly beats mine

I like the Molly Malone one and you can't beat Jingle Bells because it normally means we are about to win a match.

I think the "Who?" thing is a bit long in the tooth now - boring.
The one that's stood the test of time is the "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaahhh bull shit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That's a cracker - I remember someone on this forum calling for fans to stop it because it was old and immature - surely that's the whole point! :lol: Every other team that does that just don't do it with any conviction - Southampton did it during the Pompey cup clash and it was, to be kind, pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566