Best loan signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Who was our best ever loan signing? For me it's git to be Muzzy. I remember that summer, my dad told me he'd signed a new deal at Chelsea. I was upset but then very happy once he said he was only kidding. What a great player he was.

Re: Danns to Bolton

git = got

Gerry Daly. We were way off the pace when he arrived at Filbert Street in the 1982/3 season. With him in the team we went on a long unbeaten run, resulting in promotion.
Forgot about him. Shouldn't have. Best suggestion so far.

Ryan McGivern aka ice cream head. And him saying looking forward to fighting for his Man City first team place :D.

Last edited:
Re: Danns to Bolton

Well I think he did, what now then penis measuring?

No thanks.

I'm not saying Campbell was a bad signing - I'd put him second best behind Daly. I just don't think you can say he "Almost single handedly saved us from relegation" when he only played 11 league games, the last of them being in January. He helped us recover from a poor start to the season, but the recovery had already started before he arrived.

As you rightly say he played 11 games concluding in January. As I recall though (and as you have already agreed) he ignited our season.

Without him I think we would have been relegated. He was quite simply superb.

As I recall we tried to buy him but arsenal were not interested as they no doubt saw what a tremendous talent he was.

So, I stick by my appraisal.

If you take Campbell's goals away from that season we would have still survived by 6 points.

Can we move on to the willy pictures now then? :102:

Clearly not the best loan signing (Muzzy and Campbell are good shouts; Daly before my time), but honourable mentions to Michael Keane and Tom Cleverley - at times, Cleverley was superb for us in the League One season (Walsall away, Yeovil away) and I think Keane will go on to be a very accomplished defender.

If you take Campbell's goals away from that season we would have still survived by 6 points.

Can we move on to the willy pictures now then? :102:

No sorry, Jeff has withdrawn.

One point though, his goals were only a part of his overall contribution.

Already been said for me...

Gerry Daly - can't believe we never signed him permanently...
Kevin Campbell - I thought he was going to be a world beater - I was wrong...

Yakubu I guess is the only one in recent years to make a real impact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566