Best Pay Monthly Mobile Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Ok, who can find the best pay monthly mobile deal.

The best I've found at the moment is Virgin mobile.

For £25 a month you get:

-300 mins to any network
-300 texts to any network
-free voicemail
-free itemised billing
-decent rates if you exceed your mins/texts

and a phone of your choice from a decent list.

Has anyone got a Virgin contract phone? If so what are the company like?
I think it's all a bit of a leap of faith really - or is it worth going into, say, an Orange shop and seeing if they can beat the deal offered by Virgin.

Any help on this matter would be brilliant.

:038: :038:

How long is a piece of string?

The best deal for you might not be the best deal for someone else, it depends how you use your phone and what kind of phone you want.

More interested in the free minutes and texts really - the phone doesn't matter to me as long as it's half decent.

What tariff is everyone else on? What do you get for your money and how much does it cost?

O2 I find are the best, 200 mins, 500 txt for £25, or 400 mins 750 txts for £30, decent phone collection

I've used Virgin Mobile for years and have never had a problem with them.
Admittedly, I'm not on a contract - I just pay a month after I've used it. They very often have free V to V text offers on, as they have at the mo, so as hubby is also with them, it makes more sense for me to not go on a contract.

you'll find that companies (particularly o2) are starting to push 18 month contracts so they add more extras on them than on the 12 months.

you can usually get better offers online than in the shop.

If you're not fussed about the phone, i think you can get brilliant tarrifs on sim-only contracts, check the o2 website.

T-Mobile's Flext plans are pretty good. I got mine from The Link in-store and got a free Sony PSP with it so you can get a few good offers in-store as well. The contract is amazing as well. For £35 a month you get upto £180 to spend on calls, SMS or MMS and had it about 7 months and never went over the limit! There are cheaper plans that might be more accomodating to your circumstances which are on their webiste www.t-mobile.co.uk. However, I think all of T-Mobile's Flext price plans are 18 month contracts only.

Orange Dolphin Plan

£30 a month = 300 anytime mins + 850 Texts

or

£35 a month = 500 anytime mins + Unlimited Texts (You can get 550 mins a month if you order via their webiste)

Loads of phones to choose from too.

Flext 35 is currently only £30 a month as they are running a special offer.

The plan itself is fairly good. You have £180 worth of credit to use, which you shouldn't go over, but as every call/text is deducted from the credit it is possible. If you made 500 minutes of calls per month (which is approx 16 minutes a day) to other networks that would be £100 used out of the £180 available, add 200 - 300 texts to that and you can see it soon adds up.

Only really want to pay £25 a mont tops though. What are 3 mobile like?

I use pay as you go, very rarely use it to make calls & send most of my texts free via the web.
A tenner credit usually lasts me 2-3 months

"may have improved" I think you mean (sorry). Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669