Best signing thus far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
until he makes a mistake or is skinned (as per Reading), personally i rate Bamba but there were a lot of fans unconcerned during recent transfer speculation

Legend lol. Won fcuk all here, prone to some horrid errors. Getting carried away there, bit like the fella I heard in a pub today who reckoned 100 points plus.

I think any player who scores his first goal for a club with his first touch during a televised match is undoubtedly going to be held dear in the hearts of many. I'm not saying he is a legend but that debut made it a hell of a lot easier for him to attain that status among the city faithful.

Definitely something that can only be decided in a couple of years IMO, the best player signed this year will be the one the not only performs this year but almost makes the step up, when we get there, effortlessly. Personally, I think it'll probably be mills! On current ability though I was thrilled we got konchesky- and pantsil. Both fantastic pplayers and konchesky can strike from distance too- or could a couple of years ago!

Marton Fulop was the last decent keeper we had.

Since then we have seen a string of youth players - Martin, Stockdale

Rubbish stand ins - Ikeme, Warner

and inconsistency - Weale

For me my guess would be Schmeichel. He made some fantastic saves from CL players on Saturday and was as vocal as I've ever seen a keeper (please no pashun jokes).

After one of our attacks broke down and Madrid capitilised on the counter Kasper gave the player responsible a right rolocking - which is exactly what we need.

For me my guess would be Schmeichel. He made some fantastic saves from CL players on Saturday and was as vocal as I've ever seen a keeper (please no pashun jokes).

After one of our attacks broke down and Madrid capitilised on the counter Kasper gave the player responsible a right rolocking - which is exactly what we need.

He went charging out of his box at Dyer and Oakley (I think) because Dyer took the corner short to the edge of the box hoping Oakley could rifle one in and the pass was intercepted. I was mightily surprised but impressed to see it considering it was only a pre-season friendly. Very impressed with Kasper after that performance, few cracking saves & not afraid to give someone a bollocking, which like it has been said has been lacking to say the least in the past few seasons.

He went charging out of his box at Dyer and Oakley (I think) because Dyer took the corner short to the edge of the box hoping Oakley could rifle one in and the pass was intercepted. I was mightily surprised but impressed to see it considering it was only a pre-season friendly. Very impressed with Kasper after that performance, few cracking saves & not afraid to give someone a bollocking, which like it has been said has been lacking to say the least in the past few seasons.

Thats the one!

It was funny because he was shouting at Dyer and he was still in the Madrid half.

Can anybody imagine if we did sign Shane Long - just how many goals he would get from Kaspers long kicks alone!

Last edited:
Thats the one!

It was funny because he was shouting at Dyer and he was still in the Madrid half.

Can anybody imagine if we did sign Shane Long - just how many goals he would get from Kaspers long kicks alone!

Does anyone know why Dirty Leeds were so keen to get rid of him? All reports on his ability/attitude have been very positive so far.

Does anyone know why Dirty Leeds were so keen to get rid of him? All reports on his ability/attitude have been very positive so far.

To be fair, they did concede over 70 goals last season with him as their main keeper. I personally think that has more to do with their shocking defence than with him though. A goalkeeper is only as good as the defenders in front of him.

No, Kingy, he flaps!

It doesn't matter that he doesn't lose any goals by doing so, he flaps!

It doesn't matter that he imposes himself on the opposition attack by doing so, he flaps!

We all know world class keepers don't flap!

We all know Gigi Buffon doesn't fla.... err.... scratch that.

Last edited:
**** off PR! comment on him when you have seen him play a few times! Bet you wish he played for us anyway.

BG, I think you're missing my point. I am big fan of Buffon's, I would LOVE him at Leicester!

I was taking the piss out of people who refer to keeper's who often go on about keeper's "flapping." I have no problem with keepers who do that so long as they don't concede a goal because of it, it's just a way of imposing yourself on the opposition's attackers a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669