Bigger Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the people on this forum were there when we were crap... to be honest, we are still not far off crap, but at least we are heading in the right direction.

Only to be expected I suppose...isn't it a fans fixture as well though? Usually there are more people then anyway. It makes me nervous knowing we have a larger crowd really....we always seem to screw it up when we have the chance to win over new/fair-weather fans.

most people on this forum have season tickets i would imagine, and may feel obliged to use the ticket they have already paid for. it amused me during MA's days earlier this season when people were saying "never again" every week, hopefully with the team improving as well as the weather we'll start filling the empty seats up. maybe if we reach the fa cup final we could push for 26k in the stadium!

It's a fans fixture, so for once the ticket pricing is correct for what you are getting. People have been staying away 'cos they didn't want to pay twenty quid for a load of old cobblers

Maybe a good performance will entice them back for a few more games, and a good thing too.

You just can't have too many fairweather bandwagon jumping part time petes in the ground, can you ?

I was'nt having go at anyone on here, I have a season ticket and would go to the game no matter what, just interesting that a little turn of form and out they come.
You are right though, we are only just better than crap.

Every weekend,I go and watch my son play football. On a good day there may be twenty other parents there. not 20,000, well where are you all, why are you not there? simple answer is that its crap football. But. If by some freak of nature this team stay together and climb up to the priemership and LCFC sink into oblivion, maybe then we would have 20,000 fans watching.

Would they be fair weather fans?

All LCFC fan is good fan

not only a fans fixture but the leicester mockery gave away 500 tickets which bumps it up a bit

I'm 22 and have been going to matches since '91 at filbo. but crewe on saturday will be the first game i have been to this season, and it's only because of money - as i'm sure it is with all the other extra people who will be there. Around £30 a ticket to watch an average div one team is too much!! if it was £15 every week i think i would go much more often!!

Most matches this season have been £22 - unless you want to sit in the posh seats.[/quote]

How posh can a piece of plastic be? I paid £29 to freeze my arse off on Boxing Day. And without wishing to speak too soon (and admititng I hardly ever get to games these days, living in Manchester), does this season remind anyone else of the 95/96 season, the latter half of it.....?

I'm going today when I don't usually, but that's because we're playing well, it's because the tickets are only £15.
I can't really afford the regular prices. £30 or so is a week's money for me at Uni, so I can't afford to spend £30 on a ticket for the match.

Plus, don't forget that today was going to be Matty Elliott's sendoff, so that probably pushed the numbers up a bit too (one of the reasons why I wanted to go!)

**Okay, so I'm actually not going anymore because my mate who I was going with just changed his mind, but my point still stands ;)

Graz said:
Plus, don't forget that today was going to be Matty Elliott's sendoff, so that probably pushed the numbers up a bit too (one of the reasons why I wanted to go!)

I don't think many people will have bought tickets just to see Elliott.

His 'send off' was cancelled on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after it was announced. So even if people did want to come just to see him they didn't have much time to buy a ticket before the plan changed.

27,011 was the final attendence.

There was a really good atmosphere when the crowd got going, but there were spots of almost complete silence. But it was the most vocal match I have been to yet this season so I can;t complain.
I think some of the Ref's decisions and actions got the crowd fired up, but sadly halted our momentum towards the end with that awful 5 minute stoppage of play. Which he quite nicely used to take a drink.

Im 23 on tuesday and still a student, and as such are a bit miffed that the club do not extend the under 22 prices to all students, id like it af all students were accounted for under the clubs pricing policies. :cry:

JohnnyP said:
...And without wishing to speak too soon does this season remind anyone else of the 95/96 season, the latter half of it.....?
welcome JohnnyP :D

I hope you're right :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673