Biggest Over Achievers in Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I say it because most snooker players hang around the top 10 for 10 or 15 years, and only 1 or 2 ever win the WC which is the pinnacle.

JJ won the WC, achieved very little else in terms of tournaments around the world and spent very little time in the top rankings.

His highest ranking was only 5, relatively low for a world champion, and he only stayed there for a short period of time

JJ was 150-1 to win that tournament, which would class him as on over achiever

However, in his defence, he was doing a lot behind the scenes and I believe that he is still an active member of the WPSBA

Brauny Blue

Melton Fox said:
I say it because most snooker players hang around the top 10 for 10 or 15 years, and only 1 or 2 ever win the WC which is the pinnacle.

JJ won the WC, achieved very little else in terms of tournaments around the world and spent very little time in the top rankings.

His highest ranking was only 5, relatively low for a world champion, and he only stayed there for a short period of time

JJ was 150-1 to win that tournament, which would class him as on over achiever

However, in his defence, he was doing a lot behind the scenes and I believe that he is still an active member of the WPSBA

The point i'm trying to make is that for a person to come back the following year and nearly do it again proves that he was no mug. Had he won the title two years running he would have gone down as one of the games top players

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Brauny Blue said:
The point i'm trying to make is that for a person to come back the following year and nearly do it again proves that he was no mug. Had he won the title two years running he would have gone down as one of the games top players
Yes he would have done. He wasn't a mug of course, he is a professional, you have to be one hell of a standard to be a pro snooker player. But nonetheless, I don't feel his ability matched the title. We could debate this all day, I think we should call a truse :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Brauny Blue

Melton Fox said:
Yes he would have done. He wasn't a mug of course, he is a professional, you have to be one hell of a standard to be a pro snooker player. But nonetheless, I don't feel his ability matched the title. We could debate this all day, I think we should call a truse :icon_wink :icon_bigg

:icon_wink :icon_bigg

Willlow

Nork City!

Score 1 goal, had a goal ratio of -3 and still make it into the second round :icon_roll :icon_bigg

Last edited:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Willlow said:
Nork City!

Score 1 goal, had a goal ratio of -3 and still make it into the second round :icon_roll :icon_bigg
:038:

Han

Willlow said:
Nork City!

that's all that counts ;)

fcukcov

Willlow said:
Nork City!

:icon_lol: one round further than the established still shocking

Willlow

fcukcov said:
:icon_lol: one round further than the established still shocking

I think you will find that the majority of Still shocking had several more rounds after Nork City had to go home :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Last edited:

fcukcov

Willlow said:
I think you will find that the majority of Still shocking had several more rounds after Nork City had to go home :icon_wink :icon_bigg
I will try to time my bouts of the sh*ts better next year!

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Brauny Blue said:
I thought my vindaloo tasted a bit strange:icon_conf :icon_wink
Oh dear, now that is the lowest, most vile post I have ever read.:icon_wink

10_2_10.gif
10_2_6.gif

Brauny Blue

Willlow said:

:045: Shocking paced the day better, and were firing on all cylinders by evening time:biggrin:

fcukcov

Melton Fox said:
Oh dear, now that is the lowest, most vile post I have ever read.:icon_wink

10_2_10.gif
10_2_6.gif
I agree!

Brauny Blue said:
:045: Shocking paced the day better, and were firing on all cylinders by evening time:biggrin:
Except for duzza........

Willlow

fcukcov said:
I agree!

Except for duzza........

He always seems to suggest going on a drinking session and the disappears :icon_roll :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669