Speculation Billy Davies née Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two wingers, two strikers, who gives a ****. Never mind Billy Shitpants, get the ****s we've already bought to start delivering.

Undisclosed bid turned down according to someone on Twitter who saw it reported on SSN

if there is a "get out clause" then we have to meet that price and he will be allowed to speak to us. It seems he wont move from his Sheffield home (is daily travel viable?), i guess that would rule out London/southern clubs

if there is a "get out clause" then we have to meet that price and he will be allowed to speak to us. It seems he wont move from his Sheffield home (is daily travel viable?), i guess that would rule out London/southern clubs

I think Wellens and Gallagher travel down from the north a lot don't they? Maybe Sharp could drive Wellens home one day and not bring him back.

The actual Billy Davies still lived in Scotland while managing Forest and Derby. I think commuting is not such a rare occurring in football.

Last edited:
The actual Billy Davies still lived in Scotland while managing Forest and Derby. I think commuting is not such a rare occurring in football.

Correct. Gallagher lives in the Preston area, Wellens in Manchester, the soon to be departing SSL still lives up near Preston too.

Too much time spent travelling, im sure NP tried to minimise that last time.

Howard travels 3-4 times a week to Tynemouth doesn't he? It's 3 hours from my house to Leicester and about 40 minutes on a good day to Tynemouth from here, Sheffield to Leicester by comparison is a piece of piss.

Sheffield to Leicester is about an hour and a half tops.

Why does it concern you as a fan? If Top is willing to pay for Sharp then so be it.

I respectfully disagree. I can't speak for FF but it certainly worries me, as a fan, to see us spending all this money on transfer fees and wages and us not being self-reliant. Especially when the only evidence we, as fans, have on their wealth suggests that they're not even that wealthy and especially after what happened to the club a few years ago: I'm always going to be wary of us spending big money after that.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. I can't speak for FF but it certainly worries me, as a fan, to see us spending all this money on transfer fees and wages and us not being self-reliant. Especially when the only evidence we, as fans, have on their wealth suggests that they're not even that wealthy and especially after what happened to the club a few years ago: I'm always going to be wary of us spending big money after that.

I guess I adopt an I can't change it = I shan't worry about it attitude. I doubt there are many self reliant clubs nowadays and definitely very few successful ones. The fans can't have success and prudence, they don't go together any more.

I guess I adopt an I can't change it = I shan't worry about it attitude.

Tbh, it's hardly keeping me up at night with worry. We can't change many things at the club (FT excluded of course...), but that doesn't stop us discussing it. We are living far beyond our means at the moment and it's currently getting us nowhere - whilst I have 'enjoyed' the last 2 years, there's a big difference between high levels of careful spending and the frittering money away we have seen from the previous managers. I trust NP, and also doubt that he wants 3 highly paid strikers who all expect to start on the books.

I doubt there are many self reliant clubs nowadays and definitely very few successful ones.

There are many, many clubs who are far more sustainable (and successful) than we are.

The fans can't have success and prudence, they don't go together any more.

As per above, I don't necessarily want miserliness, but I fear that if Nigel fails then our owners' interest may begin to wane.

I guess I adopt an I can't change it = I shan't worry about it attitude. I doubt there are many self reliant clubs nowadays and definitely very few successful ones. The fans can't have success and prudence, they don't go together any more.

Swansea City begging to differ, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669