BioShock 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I certainly won't be playing that again!!!!

****ing motion sickness or what, my head is spinning and I feel sick to the bloody stomach.

Didn't realise it was a first person perspective otherwise I'd never had bothered. Running around spiral staircases etc has made feel terrible.

Never again.

what? 1st person? Will you not be getting the mighty Halo 3 in a few weeks then?

Well I certainly won't be playing that again!!!!

****ing motion sickness or what, my head is spinning and I feel sick to the bloody stomach.

Didn't realise it was a first person perspective otherwise I'd never had bothered. Running around spiral staircases etc has made feel terrible.

Never again.

Motion sickness? How close were you to the screen? Spiral staircases? :confused:

Motion sickness? How close were you to the screen? Spiral staircases? :confused:
I have a 42" plasma and I sit about 6ft away.

There are staircases when you you first start.

I first got this when I used to play American McGee's Alice.

Shaun - This is also the reason I have never played the Halo series, I can't. I will however get Halo3 just to give it a go.

Some FP games are ok such as Rainbow6 as it doesn't involve revolving at speeds.

Last edited:
I have a 42" plasma and I sit about 6ft away.

There are staircases when you you first start.

I first got this when I used to play American McGee's Alice.

Shaun - This is also the reason I have never played the Halo series, I can't. I will however get Halo3 just to give it a go.

Some FP games are ok such as Rainbow6 as it doesn't involve revolving at speeds.

Oh well thats a shame - I thought you knew it was a FPS because of maybe seeing the TV adverts or playing the demo :102:

Atleast you can still play Gears ;)

Last edited:
Motion sickness?

Looks like I'm not the only one, also backs up my Halo theory:

Wikipedia said:
Simulation sickness

Simulation sickness, or simulator sickness, is a condition where a person exhibits symptoms similar to motion sickness caused by playing computer/simulation/video games.

The most common theory for the cause of simulation sickness is that the illusion of motion created by the virtual world, combined with the absence of motion detected by the inner ear, causes the area postrema in the brain to infer that one is hallucinating and further conclude that the hallucination is due to poison ingestion. The brain responds by inducing nausea and vomiting, to clear the supposed toxin.[6] According to this theory, simulation sickness is just another form of motion sickness.

The symptoms are often described as quite similar to that of motion sickness. Some can range from headache, drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and sweating. A research done at the University of Minnesota had students play Halo for less than an hour, and found that up to 50 percent felt sick afterwards.[7]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670