BioShock 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Anyone getting this? It's looking like it's going to top the Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time in being the top game of all time based on critics' reviews. That's quite a feat. I wasn't planning on getting it but I might well do now.. I'm assuming its' going to be something like Condemned?

I first downloaded the trailer for this before Christmas. It looks superb.

Anyone getting this? It's looking like it's going to top the Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time in being the top game of all time based on critics' reviews. That's quite a feat. I wasn't planning on getting it but I might well do now.. I'm assuming its' going to be something like Condemned?

Wow, that is quite an achievment.

I remember Ocarino Of Time, great memories of the N64. :038:

Wow, that is quite an achievment.

I remember Ocarino Of Time, great memories of the N64. :038:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, having played the demo I can't see what all the fuss is about :102: I'll probably just borrow my mates copy sometime :lol:

Got this from Amazon a few days ago, and I can tell you its an excellent game.

One of the things I think that makes this game so great is that it wont let you go through it just getting your shotgun or machine gun out and blasting away.

The game forces you to be clever, intelligent and fast with your decision making.

An example is when you walk into a room and theres three 'splicers' (usual enemies in the game). They spot you and start running towards you. The first few times your put in this situation you usually react be electrifying one and trying to deal with the other two. You'll find that you wont survive that way.

Instead, you must use the environment or other 'plasmids' to get through such as 'enrage' which causes the target to simply go mad and start attacking whatever is around it. So then you've got two splicers fighting each other and the other one is running towards you. Sometimes there may be oil on the floor so you would use 'incinerate' to light them up. Quick mop around with the shotgun and, hey, three dead splicers.

I seemed to keep dieing and failing when trying to defeat the 'Big Daddies' (the ones on the cover) in this way, but, like I said, you must be clever and hack some security bots around the area so when you do attack a Big Daddy, then you've got some back-up and distractions around you whilst your pummeling him with grenades. Its great fun - once you get the hang of it.

The game, ofcourse, has amazing visuals and the sound is brilliant and almost life-like in how theres never silence in this crazy world of Rapture - always water seeping through somewhere or some unexplained explosion in the distance.

Another interesting aspect of the game is that it really feels like your part of this deep narrative of Rapture. The game almost offers you to be sympathetic to the people of Rapture, or treat them like strange, evil things that never had a life anyway. This 'choice' is almost directly offered to you through whether to 'harvest' or 'rescure' the Little Sisters around the game.

I could go on and on about the game, but I would just recommend anyone to give it a go and see what you think - you wont be disappointed.

No online multiplayer though I'm led to believe :102:

No online multiplayer though I'm led to believe :102:

No there isnt, but if you play it, then your not asking for anything more at all.

The game has enough depth, quality etc. to just be a single-player, and I think the point about the game reacting to how you play and your style of play, then its almost a creation for single-player only anyway.

No there isnt, but if you play it, then your not asking for anything more at all.

The game has enough depth, quality etc. to just be a single-player, and I think the point about the game reacting to how you play and your style of play, then its almost a creation for single-player only anyway.
So, I take it that the actual story mode is significantly greater than something such as Gears of War or Rainbow 6 for example?

Although GOW still remains my fave game of all time, the actual story mode is relatively short. But I like it for the online play.

Are you saying that if I had Bioshock I wouldn't crave the online experience?

So, I take it that the actual story mode is significantly greater than something such as Gears of War or Rainbow 6 for example?

Although GOW still remains my fave game of all time, the actual story mode is relatively short. But I like it for the online play.

Are you saying that if I had Bioshock I wouldn't crave the online experience?

Before getting Bioshock, the only game I played was Gears of War online, and I completely agree with you that it is a brilliant game too.

Yes the story is significantly greater than Gears of War - one of the things I didnt like about Gears of War was, well, aliens coming out of the ground? I mean, come on.

I've always thought though that Bioshock could make an excellent film.

I think one way they have made the story so good like this is how the character you play is completely de-personalised - and so you feel like your him - a normal human plunged into this unbelievable city seeking rescue. The only information you get about the character is his first few words at the start, and some random, quick flash-backs of family photos.

So having come out of playing online all the time, to not at all with Bioshock, I can tell you that no you wont get online cravings ;)

Being delivered tonight, approx 1900hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363