Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take IM's and MTBT's comments on board but quite a lot of you say in reference to business, you could simply delete 'LCFC' and insert another club. I went a fair few games as a neutral throughout the divisions last season and there were probably at best three club who seem to have a basis of a relationship with their fans. Unsurprisingly, two of them have a long history of being a non-league side.

All things said the communication and organisational side to the club this summer has been a shambles.

That is all very valid.

What I find slightly sad though is that I quite liked LCFC being regarded as a family run, welcoming club, even if it has sometimes been synonymous with perhaps unprofessional and bungling. Whilst other clubs seemed to be getting bigger and better stadia and signing big money players, we were still winning games with big fellas and set pieces and begging managers to stay, wondering whether Birch or the foxy ladies were more embarrassing and which league 1 or 2 player we'd sign next and mold in to a decent premiership player.

Sure, the name LCFC has also been dragged through the mud, which we won't dwell on, we all know the incidents in question.

Through all the change of ownership, the new stadium, the turnover of managers and players though - there are ever presents - or at least continuities and constants... the pictures of the legends around the stadium, Alan Birchenall, the fact that you could get to know people in the ticket office, there were nice touches.. things that reminded you it wasn't just a corporate beast, it was a corporate beast which employed good people and cared about its fans. Other people poked fun at it, but it was our club and we love it.

Now though I just feel like we are becoming just A. N. Other club. Maybe everyone gets to this stage. It's not just this development anyway, part of it was being a student in Leicester. These guys were not superstars in blue anymore, they were out in LIFE, in CREATION, in ZANZIBAR, in TIME, in MARS BAR, in FAT CATS and wherever else there was totty (not Totti, Leicester wasn't beautiful enough for him). I feel like the last bit of any appeal is being stripped away now though... might as well just be any team in blue, any eleven fellas running around a soulless stadium, distanced a little bit further from the fans and community its meant to serve.

Wow. I'm big on unfocussed, meandering, pointless diatribe, but that really was impressive.

Sorry.

Because someone on here posted that Birch had told his best friend that he was 'gutted' that all he was offered was the match day bit

These guys were not superstars in blue anymore, they were out in LIFE, in CREATION, in ZANZIBAR, in TIME, in MARS BAR, in FAT CATS and wherever else there was totty

Change the names of the bars and clubs and you could be talking about any City team from the last 100 years

Because someone on here posted that Birch had told his best friend that he was 'gutted' that all he was offered was the match day bit

I take it you're replying to me? Quoting helps Mike. :icon_wink

People post all manner of bullshit on here every single day. I take it all with a sack full of salt until I see something verifiable. I most certainly take no notice of Internet rumours.

He was pushed out by the then new Marketing Manager (who himself has since been sacked for being pish) and had them for constructive dismissal.
Since then Pete's been 'replaced' by the faceless email Fanzone lark. If you're lucky your greivances and requests are now dealt with by one of the many 16-year-old work experience monkeys in the marketing dept...

So it's nothing to do with him taking a job as an assessor then? Thats what I've been told anyhoo.

I made a deliberate decision to use my own name on posts and that if I made a post that I had reason to be ashamed of my head would be above the parapet.

Other people use pen-names and this I absolutely respect. I have sparred with Macky, Kingy , Blue Maniac and others and often wondered affectionately what lay behind the pen name. For the first time I believe a poster should have had the integrity to include his/her proper name in a post.

I do not know whether FoxFan goes to games. All I can say is that his allegations seem to me squalid. Since I sit near the dugout I get a good view of the Birch and the comments seem to me to be without foundation. I am not a lawyer but I would have also thought they were libellous. When someone makes specific allegations about a named person it seems to me they should have the integrity to put their name in the post and not hide behind anonymity.

I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years. Last year I went to 16 away games, so I've seen what other clubs do. Coventry is easily the worst.

On many occasions there have been cheerleaders, female singers, women who are slightly attractive on the pitch, Birch has made comments. OK were only talking down the pub type stuff, but he's not down the pub, he's standing in front of 20,000 people.

I can't say that I'm much bothered by Birch's departure, but I agree with those who see it as a part of the de-personalisation process and obviously cost cutting driven. I also think that these sorts of economies are a bit related to club ownership and strategy becoming ever further removed from those associated with Leicester and the local area. Unfortunately, this trend looks inevitable.

I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years. Last year I went to 16 away games, so I've seen what other clubs do. Coventry is easily the worst.

On many occasions there have been cheerleaders, female singers, women who are slightly attractive on the pitch, Birch has made comments. OK were only talking down the pub type stuff, but he's not down the pub, he's standing in front of 20,000 people.

I cannot remember any of the occasions you mention nor do I recall anyone bringing it up in any of the threads of this forum before. However, you may be right. Even if you believe an allegation an anonymous post is a morally dubious way to accuse a named person.

In this post you have backtracked considerably. This time you carefully use the phrase "down the pub type stuff". That is a long way from your original accusation of "perving."

I cannot remember any of the occasions you mention nor do I recall anyone bringing it up in any of the threads of this forum before. However, you may be right. Even if you believe an allegation an anonymous post is a morally dubious way to accuse a named person.

In this post you have backtracked considerably. This time you carefully use the phrase "down the pub type stuff". That is a long way from your original accusation of "perving."

Why do you demand that I name myself? I've posted on this forum for about 9 years. Before it looked anything like this and before you knew it even existed. In all that time I've always posted under the name Fox Fan. I see no reason to change that now because you don't like my opinion.

I would assume that as no one has yet said that what I've said is untrue, including yourself. Perhaps you spend your time in the concourse at half time. I don't know, I also don't care.

Why do you demand that I name myself? I've posted on this forum for about 9 years.

Unless you previously used another name, not according to your joining date you haven't :icon_wink

Why do you demand that I name myself? I've posted on this forum for about 9 years. Before it looked anything like this and before you knew it even existed. In all that time I've always posted under the name Fox Fan. I see no reason to change that now because you don't like my opinion.

I would assume that as no one has yet said that what I've said is untrue, including yourself. Perhaps you spend your time in the concourse at half time. I don't know, I also don't care.

A most interesting post. I have not "demanded" anything.

You have misunderstood my suggestion which may be my fault. . I do not suggest that you stop posting under the name Fox Fan. I do suggest that you should have included your real name within that particular post. This is because I feel specific accusations against named individuals should not be done under the cover of anonymity. We will have to agree to differ on that and you are clearly within the rules.

The last sentence is very amusing where you "don't care" with such emphasis.

I heard Birch and Brown sodomised a small vole before the first Cardiff playoff match. For that level of sickness he simply has to go.

My real name is David Gwilliam and I would like the imposter above to stop using my name.

I heard Birch and Brown sodomised a small vole before the first Cardiff playoff match. For that level of sickness he simply has to go.

My real name is David Gwilliam and I would like the imposter above to stop using my name.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670