Black men can't jump..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

New film out called 'Black men can't jump' starring Mark De Vries.

I don't like to slag players off but he is useless, he has the pace of a snail and for someone who's 6ft 3" has no ability to leave the ground.

De Vries please try and jump i think he won one ariel challenge yesterday.

Dublin up front with Connolly on Tuesday please.

Perhaps your thread should be MDV can't jump.
With reference to your title, what about Les Ferdinand who IMO is one of the best headers of the ball in the game.

bear said:
It's in reference to the original film 'White men can't jump' not a go at all black players.

Yes Sir Les is a fantastic header of the ball as are many other black players.

** Edited by Webmaster **

Please read the forum rules bear, personal abuse is not acceptable.

if u actually think for 1 sec, MDV is big yes but he is not an arial bloke, ok he is there in the air but he plays the ball on the ground and leicester fans and players need to see that just cuz hes big it dont mean he is good in the air, good example is pire van hoyjonk (i dont no how to spell it

glove

But why isn't he?

Can't he be bothered to learn? Anyone with his height should be able to head the ball more than twice in 90minutes!

physiologically it all comes down to your achillies tendon and calf muscle, taller people have longer muscles and tendons(obviously) therfore the explosive force exerted by a tall persons anatomy is not as efficient as that of a shorter more compact individual.

Case solved. hes still shit though. :p

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Can't he be bothered to learn? Anyone with his height should be able to head the ball more than twice in 90minutes!

I don't think it's an inability to head the ball. I think it's a mental thing.
He's lacking confidence, and he's so anxious to get it right it's just making him worse. I bet he can head the ball in training.

he wasnt lacking in confidence when he first played and he was still shit in the air. confidence has no effect on winning headers. he should be able to jump confident or not

lako42 said:
he wasnt lacking in confidence when he first played and he was still shit in the air.

But he wasn't fit then.

confidence has no effect on winning headers. he should be able to jump confident or not

Confidence has an effect on everything. If you're anxious about doing something you won't do it right.

webmaster said:
If you're anxious about doing something you won't do it right.

Then why is he playing? :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
webmaster said:

Presumably the manager thinks a goal or two will suddenly change things and he'll become a good player again, whereas dropping him would just make things worse.

But the goal a few weeks ago didn't seem to help.

I think the best thing for MdV at the moment would be if he could get a (minor) injury, so he can be left out of the team without it affecting his confidence.

webmaster said:
I think the best thing for MdV at the moment would be if he could get a (minor) injury, so he can be left out of the team without it affecting his confidence.
like a double compound fracture of the tib & fib?

webmaster said:
Steven said:
webmaster said:

Presumably the manager thinks a goal or two will suddenly change things and he'll become a good player again, whereas dropping him would just make things worse.

He did seem to pick up an Injury in yesterdays game, but despite asking to be subbed Levin left him on after which his injury appeared to disappear :?

He may of just ran it off, but then again he may of been anxious to get off the pitch because like 20,000 other people, he knew he was having a Mare!

Fox Fan said:
webmaster said:
Steven said:
webmaster said:

He did seem to pick up an Injury in yesterdays game, but despite asking to be subbed Levin left him on after which his injury appeared to disappear :?

He may of just ran it off, but then again he may of been anxious to get off the pitch because like 20,000 other people, he knew he was having a Mare!

He also seemed to play better with Dublin alongside him - maybe having Dion there to win the ball in the air took the pressure off him.

webmaster said:
Fox Fan said:
webmaster said:
Steven said:
webmaster said:

He also seemed to play better with Dublin alongside him - maybe having Dion there to win the ball in the air took the pressure off him.

Well during the match I saw MdV telling players he wanted it to his feet several times, and when Dion was upfront he was able to head down the long balls to MdV's feet for him to do something with. Which is Oviously the style he would prefer to play.

He's got a 3 year contract here so theres really no point in giving up all hope in him now cos he isn't going anywhere for some time to come!

But he wasn't fit then
i dont think being fit affects ability to win headers. especially at that height. im unfit :-( and i manage to win headers when i play. different level i know but so is MDV

bear said:

I don't like to slag players off but he is useless, he has the pace of a snail and for someone who's 6ft 3" has no ability to leave the ground.

If you think MDF was a bad signing wait till you see Kisnorbo! :roll:

Brauny Blue said:
Perhaps your thread should be MDV can't jump.
With reference to your title, what about Les Ferdinand who IMO is one of the best headers of the ball in the game.[/quo

My god yeah - he would stay in the air for ages!

A Friend from the North said:
bear said:

If you think MDF was a bad signing wait till you see Kisnorbo! :roll:

MDF... :? Isn't that a type of hardboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669