Black Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.
i knifed you first!

it was late on a friday night, reactions had been slowed significantly by beer!

...and i'm shite....:icon_razz

Got it for Xmas - played it yesterday - what a pile of steaming turds.

Linear play (where you have to follow someone and not do anything) for 30 seconds then 20 hours of crap video, then repeat.

I've got as far as the rocket bit and I'm tempted never to play the ****er ever again.

Linear play (where you have to follow someone and not do anything) for 30 seconds then 20 hours of crap video, then repeat.

I've got as far as the rocket bit and I'm tempted never to play the ****er ever again.

IMO the COD series has never been strong in the single player stakes, though the special ops missions in the last one were good. The multiplayer is where it's at.

Yeah the campaign mode annoys me a bit in that you're waiting ages without doing anything. That level with the rocket, I for some reason had to start that level 3 times after playing up to at least the rocket bit, so was really annoying just following the guy for ages and not really doing anything.

I like online mode, although I've never been a fan of "levelling up" or whatever online. I like the Counter Strike method of everyone's players being equal. You're always going to get points online, even if you're shit, so essentially the more you play the better your character will be (obviously goes up faster with ability though). Plus, I'm shit at it ;) My first online game I thought this is wank, what's all the fuss about... then played a 2nd, got a few kills levelled up and was like wow this is awesome. Still not really been hooked by it yet though, but I do like it

Give me FIFA any day

I've enjoyed all the previous iterations of COD - but this one has leapt back about fifteen years with regards game development. I'm really ****ing angry about it.

I don't play online - shit, my connection is barely good enough for email. Compared to Brotherhood this is a forty pound joke which was scripted by Jimmy ****bollocks Carr.

I've enjoyed all the previous iterations of COD - but this one has leapt back about fifteen years with regards game development. I'm really ****ing angry about it.

I don't play online - shit, my connection is barely good enough for email. Compared to Brotherhood this is a forty pound joke which was scripted by Jimmy ****bollocks Carr.

They have got lazy with the campaigns dueto the success of the online element IMO.

They have got lazy with the campaigns dueto the success of the online element IMO.

I agree in a way, but once you have the game engine it's just level design, whereas the inordinate number of cut scenes would require more work to produce, it's almost as bad as the first Assassin's Creed for pointless cut scenes.

I agree in a way, but once you have the game engine it's just level design, whereas the inordinate number of cut scenes would require more work to produce, it's almost as bad as the first Assassin's Creed for pointless cut scenes.

It is a massive backward step in games design - it reminds me of the constrictive environment in early Sinclair Spectrum games. And that is shit.

It is a massive backward step in games design - it reminds me of the constrictive environment in early Sinclair Spectrum games. And that is shit.

Apparently the latest Final Fantasy was very linear and constricted, maybe they think as fans we can't handle freedom. Having said that Fallout: Vegas is huuuuge.

Apparently the latest Final Fantasy was very linear and constricted, maybe they think as fans we can't handle freedom. Having said that Fallout: Vegas is huuuuge.

I suspect it's more to do with the fact the developers are finding the limits of the current gen of consoles.

Brilliant, brilliant game. I think I actually might have enjoyed it more than Fallout 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566