Pre Match Blackpool (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Now for the "must win" (and not just for the Blackpool foxes), same passion determination and attitude as yesterday and we will beat these, likekely to be a few changes to cater for a few knocks, I expect Peltier for SSL Marshall for Gally Danny for Wellens. For all those fans in attendance get behind the lads. Expecting/hoping for a 2-1 win Beckford Nugent

After closing the gap to 6 points after the Birmingham game, having not played at the weekend we're now 8 points off again. And we only have a game in hand on one of the teams in the playoffs (which is Blackpool).

Have to win to have any chance, but you'd suspect it's too far to go now in 10 games. Fail to win though and there really is no way back into it.

I'd be happy with Marshall and Drinkwater coming in. I still don't think Peltier is great, but Morgan hasn't been doing too well either it seems... Wouldn't take SSL out though.

Last edited:
After closing the gap to 6 points after the Birmingham game, having not played at the weekend we're now 8 points off again. And we only have a game in hand on one of the teams in the playoffs (which is Blackpool).

Have to win to have any chance, but you'd suspect it's too far to go now in 10 games. Fail to win though and there really is no way back into it.

I'd be happy with Marshall and Drinkwater coming in. I still don't think Peltier is great, but Morgan hasn't been doing too well either it seems... Wouldn't take SSL out though.

If we win all of our remaining games, we'll make the playoffs. Now I'm not saying this is necessarily probable, but when you look at the run Reading have put together in the last few weeks, there's no reason why we can't do something similar.

However, getting the run going is the key, so we can't really afford any more false starts, which means a win at Blackpool is a must really.

I think the next 4 games are all winnable. Blackpool are the type of team that let us play and the type that we do well against and therefore i'm going to go for a 3-1 win for us. Hull is going to be a tough one, but we very nearly got a point with 10men at their gaff and Pearson will know exactly what to expect. If we win those two we really stand a chance of putting a decent run together with fixtures against Forest and P'boro directly afterwards. Knowing us though, we'll give Forest a get out of jail free card and then lose to P'boro in a 4-3 thriller.

That 1 team in the play-offs that has played a game extra is Blackpool. Beat them on Wednesday and we cut the gap to them to 5 with a game in hand and worst case scenario will be that we make up a point on the play off spots. I still don't think we'll make it, but it's god to have some hope to cling on to.

I too wouldn't drop St Ledger, but I certainly think Gally needs to lose his spot even if he's not injured. Marshall looked a genuine threat when he came on and that screamer of a goal will leave his confidence sky high so I'd have thought he'd be a logical one to start the game.

Very important that we win to keep going some purpose & motivation.

As people have noticed from the home game, Blackpool are a side suited for us. They generally play tip tap football and are one of the minority of teams that we could potentially boss physically. We are well capable of winning this game but difficult to call the result. We are just conceding far too many goals away from home at the moment that anything could happen.

Gallagher is and always has been a luxury player. He can deliver a better quality strike on goal than probably better than anyone in the team...but you have to put up with long periods of laziness and ineffectiveness before that occurs.

Win and we are five points behind Blackpool, with a game in hand

Lose and it's all over (if it's not already)

But by that time Blackpool could be outside the top six anyway, with the possibility for Hull, Cardiff or Brighton to move into the top six, being 5 points behind Blackpool will be fairly meaningless as we'll still probably be 7 points adrift of the sixth placed club..

It is probably all over, but is would be nice in any case to prove we can actually win a few games in the spin. I can't believe how much our form has fluctuated from game to game this season.

I've stuck up for him in the past, but my main problem with Gallagher is that if he's fit, he seems to be an automatic selection. Maybe if Pearson dropped him after he's had a shocker he might actually work hard to get back into the side and work hard when he gets there. I definitely think he's rested on his laurels a bit since Pearson's come back, it's almost like he thinks he doesn't have to put a shift in every game because he pretty much knows he'll be back in the side next week. He's got some great technical skill and can produce something out of nothing, the goals he scored against Palace were magic, but if we only see this kind of performance once every ten games, then he's too much of a luxury to have in the side.

Why do people expect Wellens to be dropped for Drinkwater?

I agree Lazzer - I reckon we should try and get ANY team in the North West to take them off our hands cos if they have less travel involved they might take the switch rather than have the long car sharing journeys they currently have. Preston are a BIG club.

Don't go slagging Gally off, you'll only upset the missus, and if you're not a professional footballer yourself, you aren't able to comment on her husband's performances. Apparently.

There is a difference between slagging someone off anonymously and going out of your way to include him or Hayley in your tweet. One requires malicious forethought for a start and is only designed to hurt.

There is a difference between slagging someone off anonymously and going out of your way to include him or Hayley in your tweet. One requires malicious forethought for a start and is only designed to hurt.

Actually, from what I saw, it was constructive criticism. She then resorted to playground tactics, and bitching.

However, it wasn't me arguing, which makes a change!!

But by that time Blackpool could be outside the top six anyway, with the possibility for Hull, Cardiff or Brighton to move into the top six, being 5 points behind Blackpool will be fairly meaningless as we'll still probably be 7 points adrift of the sixth placed club..

Indeed, the gap between us and the play-offs might mean something if we were 7th, but we're also relying on 5 other teams to fail to bridge the gap they themselves have with 6th place.

Don't go slagging Gally off, you'll only upset the missus, and if you're not a professional footballer yourself, you aren't able to comment on her husband's performances. Apparently.

I have been defending Gally all season long but that was piss poor on Saturday he couldnt even take a corner. The final straw was the cowering in the box after the second goal. Wellens however was much worse.

Now for the "must win" (and not just for the Blackpool foxes), same passion determination and attitude as yesterday and we will beat these.

You must have watched adifferent game to most of us. Yesterday there was neither passion nor determination from any player apart from Danns.

Our fans wore shirts saying 'I believe'.

A pity our players never had the same attitude or belief.

This team will never make the play offs because they just don't believe in themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570