Blackpool after Tommy Wright again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we might get a stick of rock or two. and if we are lucky 10 free passes for the dodgems.

About time.

Full text. ;)

Pool on Wright track
POOL are being linked with a move for a highly-rated Leicester City striker ... for the second time.
The Seasiders tried to sign 20-year-old Tommy Wright on loan last season but failed to clinch a deal.
According to sources in Leicester today, Colin Hendry is making another bid to bring the frontman to Bloomfield Road.
Hendry is understood to have spoken to Foxes' boss and fellow Scot Craig Levein about the possibility of livewire Wright moving.
It is not clear whether the deal would be on a permanent or loan basis but talks are said to be ongoing.
Pool are known to admire the young forward, who has had two successful loan spells at Brentford, and he was watched several times last season by now departed assistant manager Billy Dearden.
At the time Dearden said: "I've watched him three times this season and the reports I've put in about him have been quite good.
"He's a very hard-working player and maybe something will develop."
Pool tried to sign Wright throughout January but were eventually forced to give up on the deal because of a spate of injuries at the Walker Stadium – which meant Wright had to stay put.
Meanwhile John Murphy has urged his team-mates to begin the season with a bang.
But he has also pleaded with fans not to judge the Seasiders team too early.
"I agree that the first 11 here is quite strong, as you saw against Chester, but I think it is early days to judge how good or not this team is," he said.
"I think you have to get 10 to 15 league games into a season and see how we are getting on before you start analysing things like that.
"All we want to do is avoid the start we had last year, which more or less put us in a relegation dogfight from the end of September onwards.
"We have put that to the back of our minds this year and get a few more points and see where it takes us.
"Obviously we will be confident for the opening match but we are not going to take anything for granted. We know it is going to be a difficult game against Chesterfield. The gaffer has had them watched and he knows that it is going to be another step up from the pre-season games.
"But I think we have grown in confidence after the win against Chester and we will certainly be up for it.
"If we can get three points from the first game it means you can get home on Saturday night feeling good, read the paper on Sunday and see your team sitting pretty in the league.
"I know it doesn't really matter so early in the season but it's just a great confidence boost if you can do it and then there's normally a knock-on effect into the next few games."

Hope he illuminates their team...

he should certainly "tower" above alot of them.... will get my coat....

i live in Blackpool, not heard any rumours, but residents here are mainly United City or Blackburn fans....and the odd PNE idiot!

Tommy who? No seriously good luck to him, but to be honest I am more concerned that my computer chair has broken.............tits.

Hope he tram rollers them to promotion.

He's well liked amongst his peers......

I hope he reignites his career and goes on to score a hatful. :) :) ;)

Steven said:
I hope he reignites his career and goes on to score a hatful. :) :) ;)

a kiss-me-quick hatful?

fcukcov said:
a kiss-me-quick hatful?
dodgy....

He may get a groyne injury up there by the sea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669