Pre Match Blackpool (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question, but is there any suggestion that the tragic news about Gary Speed might jeapordise Kingy's participation in this game. I have no idea how close the two were, and it seems unlikely that Kingy wouldn't play because of it, but I thought someone might know better than I do.

I wouldn't have thought so; Shay Given was one of Speed's best mates and he played for Villa a couple of hours after he found out about it. I don't see why King couldn't play, he's probably only met him a handful of times. Don't get me wrong, it's a terrible thing and it must have been a bit of a shock, but I don't think it will affect King too much on a personal level - he might have liked the guy, but he's probably only spent a couple of days with him altogether since he became Wales manager.

I haven't really seen much of Blackpool this season, or last season in the Prem, but I thought Holloway had changed his footballing philosophy to a far more attacking one? Surely that'd be conducive to attractive football?

Happy to bow down to your superior knowledge though, like I say - I haven't seen them for ages anyway.

A Blackpool fan on another forum (I know it's only one fan's opinion) says that they've reverted back to a more pragmatic approach this season, so probably more like we were under Holloway.

And Hazzman, you're right about the Blackpool away game, I was watching Hinckley at home that game, so I didn't go, but I remember it being 3-2 now and them saying what a good game it was on the radio, for some reason I had both games down as being drab 2-1s.

I seem to remember us being pretty good against blackpool under NP. So much so that I was convinced we'd win the play-off final [that never was] against them.

Same. Did the double over them in the season and finished 5 or 6 points ahead of them in the regular season too.

Of course, it doesn't matter either way at any rate, seeing as we never got there.

Last edited:
A pound to a pinch of squirrel shit says that Kevin Phillips scores against us!

A pound to a pinch of squirrel shit says that Kevin Phillips scores against us!
Feck...he always's scores against us.
Won't forget the two he got when we were 2-0 up against Saints first day of the season last time we are in the top league.

A Blackpool fan on another forum (I know it's only one fan's opinion) says that they've reverted back to a more pragmatic approach this season, so probably more like we were under Holloway.

And Hazzman, you're right about the Blackpool away game, I was watching Hinckley at home that game, so I didn't go, but I remember it being 3-2 now and them saying what a good game it was on the radio, for some reason I had both games down as being drab 2-1s.

it was 2-1 when i left after the final whistle.:icon_wink

Living in Blackpool, Leicester need to win this otherwise life will not be worth living!

Sorry to go all prudish on you, but with the Speed death still fresh in the mind that comment seems a bit crass.

Sorry to go all prudish on you, but with the Speed death still fresh in the mind that comment seems a bit crass.

Really? People kill themselves every day, why is Speed so special? I can't understand the public outpourings of grief by people who didn't know him.

Really? People kill themselves every day, why is Speed so special? I can't understand the public outpourings of grief by people who didn't know him.

Who says it's outpourings of grief?

Regardless of what connection anyone had to him. It's a man doing well in his professional life who was on tv looking cheerful and talking about his future one day, but then was dead the next.

It's a reminder of everyone's mortality and how there are much more important things in life than a football match.

I didn't have any connection with Gary Speed at all, either personally or as a role model, but this story did shake me up a bit and cause me to think about my own mortality and what's most important to me in life (then why am I still on this bloody internet forum? *deletes account*).

Last edited:
Who says it's outpourings of grief?

Regardless of what connection anyone had to him. It's a man doing well in his professional life who was on tv looking cheerful and talking about his future one day, but then was dead the next.

It's a reminder of everyone's mortality and how there are much more important things in life than a football match.

I didn't have any connection with Gary Speed at all, either personally or as a role model, but this story did shake me up a bit and cause me to think about my own mortality and what's most important to me in life (then why am I still on this bloody internet forum? *deletes account*).

Not necessarily on here, but on Facebook etc it is like their relative died. I doubt many of the same people would react the same if it was someone from The Only Way Is Essex, they didn't for Jade Goody.

The original comment was a 'quip' about life not being worth living if Leicester didn't win a football match. Speed isn't "so special" but surely you can see why I called the comment a bit crass.

FWIW Matt, I mainly agree with your mass grief observation. Perhaps it helps some people?

Don't see what's wrong with it myself. It was just a tongue in cheek remark anyway that doesn't have anything to do with Gary Speed.

I would suggest people are getting 'grief' mixed up with 'respect'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670