Blackpool Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept all that.

.....Just one further thought - how long is Milan going to be able to identify the resources for bringing in big batches of new players? Looks to me that Stearman and/ or Mattock or Kisnorbo will need to be sold off to balance the books.

We should really expect MM to be able to finance the signings of sufficient new players of the requisite quality without any talk of 'how is he going to afford it' or 'which players will he sell to finance new signings?'. What's the point of having him here otherwise.... and more to the point from his own point of view why would he want to stick around unless his involvement here gets LCFC to the stated aim of promotion within 3 years (well, 2 now)? If that's what he wants, he'll have to let the manager shop around not only in 'bargain row' (i.e free transfers, loans and players going suprisingly cheaply like Oakely) but well above it as well. If any of our better players are snapped up by a premiership team, which is an unavoidable possibility, then this should add to the transfer budget not actually finance it in the first place. I'll be looking to see in the summer if MM puts sufficient money where his mouth is. I'm not saying he won't, but I'm saying I'll be looking to see if his ambition matches his actions.

Last edited:
I don't get that at all.

i thought it was obvious if we had lost to palace and beat blackpool we would still be above them in the league (possibly) and on the same points and it keeps another team below us but as it is we are nearer the relegation zone :102:

it is obvious YV. It also makes lots of sense as do all your posts.

Would you like me to send you some pictures of myself wearing my Leicester City gimp suit?

it is obvious YV. It also makes lots of sense as do all your posts.

Would you like me to send you some pictures of myself wearing my Leicester City gimp suit?

We could all do with a laugh so post them in General Chat first. :icon_wink

i thought it was obvious if we had lost to palace and beat blackpool we would still be above them in the league (possibly) and on the same points and it keeps another team below us but as it is we are nearer the relegation zone :102:

Sorry - I thought you were being factual. Pure spec, and I get what you mean...However for me and where I live, I'm delighted we beat Palace.

We should really expect MM to be able to finance the signings of sufficient new players of the requisite quality without any talk of 'how is he going to afford it' or 'which players will he sell to finance new signings?'. What's the point of having him here otherwise.... and more to the point from his own point of view why would he want to stick around unless his involvement here gets LCFC to the stated aim of promotion within 3 years (well, 2 now)? If that's what he wants, he'll have to let the manager shop around not only in 'bargain row' (i.e free transfers, loans and players going suprisingly cheaply like Oakely) but well above it as well. If any of our better players are snapped up by a premiership team, which is an unavoidable possibility, then this should add to the transfer budget not actually finance it in the first place. I'll be looking to see in the summer if MM puts sufficient money where his mouth is. I'm not saying he won't, but I'm saying I'll be looking to see if his ambition matches his actions.

I understand that - but he doesn't have mega resources in the context of those of some of the newer owners and some of his resources were wasted last summer...by whoever.

I understand that - but he doesn't have mega resources in the context of those of some of the newer owners and some of his resources were wasted last summer...by whoever.

Ummmm, he is rather wealthy....It's just how much he would consider investing in LCFC. Aside from QPR and Chelski, we're right up there in terms of funding availability, certainly in our league.

At least we have some assets now with this younger team. When we had the dads army 3 or 4 years back we couldnt hardly raise a penny from any outgoing transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669