Blackpool Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make it clear, who was it who set up Howard for the equaliser? Oh, it was Hume.

highlights just been on the championship....great defending lads :102:

looked like it was the blackpool defender to be fair

It looked like a poor clearance by the Blackpool defender though in fairness to Hume he competed well for the ball in the first place.

Are people looking for excuses to barrack Hume now?

got out of jail in the last few years, play with fire and you'll get burnt eventually. Maybe a season in divvy 3 will prove to some that we're not too big to get relegated.
Prepare for the worst and then the average will seem like the zenith.

A philosophy you borrowed off the current Mrs Mk I believe when she has to face up to your annual shag.
Do you actually type these Relegation Posts Mk or do you cut and paste from last years ?

A philosophy you borrowed off the current Mrs Mk I believe when she has to face up to your annual shag.
Do you actually type these Relegation Posts Mk or do you cut and paste from last years ?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Blackpool? ****ING BLACKPOOL!?!?!? oh FFS!!!!

:icon_bigg

I'll be right one of these years.....

I went BLOODY AWFUL.. beaten twice by a crap team having to take stick off supporters of Blacckpool?..even my son !!!! even at 1-0 i though we would win
However :
Zolti :absolute rubbish
Stearman : played well kept Hoolahan quiet
McAuley : IMMENSE BRILLIANT DISPLAY
Kisnorbo ;did ok
Mattock :did well first half but asleep for their first goal
Hume :eek:ut of position
Oakley :i thought crap others sat ner thougt ok
Clem : only player on bothsides that tried to get the ball on the floor
Howard : CRAP
Hayles :tried hard for 90 mins
Chambers :did well at left back
DJ : gave us hope , needs a run in the team
Gabi :didnt notice him
Support :plenty there but quiet ( probably weather conditins and surroundings)

Aye, was there too - and have to agree with almost all your summary dpj.

Particular poor displays from Oakley and Howard sad to say... the latter didn't seem bothered at all. Scored yes, but could've worked a damn sight harder for the team throughout.

Had to get a ticket in the Blackpool seats unfortunately (near the corner flag just along from the building site about five rows back) but thought the Leicester fans did OK - especially those in the top corner near the Blackpool stand who kept the jumping up and down going.

Most poignant for me was that the Blackpool fans kept saying "we're crap, but they're worse" - which didn't help my dispondent mood.

it is just so frustrating when we lose to teams such as Blackpool, it's just terrible.

:102:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_and_stick

The stick is not for offering treats, Macky, it's for smacking the shit out of the donkey with - if the carrot isn't working, that is...

Just because people keep getting it wrong doesn't make it correct.

from that wiki article:

The earliest citation of this expression recorded by the Supplement to the Oxford English Dictionary is to The Economist magazine in the December 11, 1948, issue. The Supplement also depicts a person trying to entice a donkey to move by dangling a carrot in front of it.

No mention of hitting the donkey because the original phrase was 'carrot on a stick'.

it is just so frustrating when we lose to teams such as Blackpool, it's just terrible.

Why?They are above us in the league. Would you feel the same if we lost to Reading, who a few seasons ago were starting were Blackpool are now?

Just because people keep getting it wrong doesn't make it correct.

from that wiki article:

No mention of hitting the donkey because the original phrase was 'carrot on a stick'.

My understanding of the phrase is a carrot is reward for getting something right and a stick as a punishment for getting something wrong. It might not be the original meaning of the phrase, but it's a meaning that a lot of people believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669