Blackwell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a genuine approach. the reason for this being that he only has 4 months left on hs contract and would therefore been a much cheaper alternative to most others and he is still an decent manager. although i would much rather have newell, feel hes done a better job gettin luton where they are than blackwell gettin leeds almost back in the prem

drummindefender said:
Blackwell would never come here-Leeds are a bigger club then Leicester and doing alot better.

but leeds haven't offered a new contract, it ends in 4 months. so he may be considering his future.

Not to mention he cannot spend the cash in anywhere near the same quantities as he has there.

He has spent £3.8 million in 2 seasons and recouped £5.6 million, however £4.5 million was for Viduka. Im not sure if it was actually him that sold him, but IMO the amount he has spent should put them in the top two comfortably. Would rather have RK to be honest with maybe Levein as director of football!! :biggrin:

But it is rumoured Ken Bates wants Dennis Wise as manager! :icon_eek:

Lboro fox said:
Ha ha i wish!!! Dirty leeds on the slide with Wise at the helm!!! :038: :038: :038:

He managed to get Millwall to the FA Cup final! :icon_eek:

Willlow said:
He managed to get Millwall to the FA Cup final! :icon_eek:

Also managed to fluke the easiest run of matches seen in years!! We would have got to that final given the draw they had!!

Lboro fox said:
Also managed to fluke the easiest run of matches seen in years!! We would have got to that final given the draw they had!!

you can only beat whats put in front of you. they played well in the final i thought.

Feriol said:
you can only beat whats put in front of you. they played well in the final i thought.

Thats very true, but i know i would prefer to have a crack at the FA cup having not played a prem team till the final!!

Lboro fox said:
Thats very true, but i know i would prefer to have a crack at the FA cup having not played a prem team till the final!!

Depends, if its leicester we are talking about, i would sooner a bigger club. take this season for example, excellent win against spurs, and out to (what i felt was a very poor) Saints. On paper though it was an easy run.

Playing small teams all the way through also means you dont make as much money!

Years ago at Filbo i remember our striker Nicky Cross going in late on the keeper Kevin Blackwell. The two squared up to one another and punches were thrown. Then our central defender Guy Branston joined in and landed with a couple of haymakers....It was a hell of a mess........

I'll never forget the headlines in the paper the next day......

Cross and Blackwell Branston Pickle.......

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:
Cross and Blackwell Branston Pickle.......

Too bad that Guy Branston never got a first team game, otherwise I might have been inclined to believe you.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570