Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Segs were made by a company called Blakey's Malleable Castings, so both names are OK.

In the good old days before the throwaway age i used to get my brogues and loafers re-soled with the segs built into the heel, you could be seen sparking down the street at night!!.
Are there any cobblers left in Leicester?,i used to use one in Wigston in the 80's.

Segs were made by a company called Blakey's Malleable Castings, so both names are OK.

You're probably right, but in my youth we called the larger crescent shaped ones blakeys and the small squarish ones segs.

You're probably right, but in my youth we called the larger crescent shaped ones blakeys and the small squarish ones segs.

That was my experience as well.

Crikey. Amazing how these things carry on through several generations :icon_wink

You're trying to get me to say something that will get me infracted, are you not? I have to tell you, Mr Spion, that I am convinced that you will be a grandfather before I am.

Going back to the subject of segs, do you remember how unwelcome wearers of such were on the ice slides that seemed to zig-zag across every school playground during the harsh winters of the 1950s?

No? Not born then? Let's pass on then!

I have to tell you, Mr Spion, that I am convinced that you will be a grandfather before I am.

I always suspected my daughter had a thing about bearded blokes in shorts, but surely not............ :icon_wink

I always suspected my daughter had a thing about bearded blokes in shorts, but surely not............ :icon_wink

Bit skinny for my liking.

:081:

You haven't met my eldest one in Buckingham.

Have you?

Polar Bear is, as far as I know, the only person I have ever met who has any connection with Buckingham. He's not that skinny but I'm pretty sure he isn't your eldest daughter.

That was my experience as well.

Crikey. Amazing how these things carry on through several generations :icon_wink

You're trying to get me to say something that will get me infracted, are you not? I have to tell you, Mr Spion, that I am convinced that you will be a grandfather before I am.

Going back to the subject of segs, do you remember how unwelcome wearers of such were on the ice slides that seemed to zig-zag across every school playground during the harsh winters of the 1950s?

No? Not born then? Let's pass on then!

'Tis also my experience.

I also remember the zig zags of slides across the playgrounds, although this was not until the sixties.

(And yes, I am a grandfather already).

You haven't met my eldest one in Buckingham.
Buckingham is a 3 monthly piss up with the old boys. went to school and grew up there. turned out for buckingham town fc back in the 80's

Where is Melts actually? He has some thread reading to do - this is going to get him right going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669