bloody annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a sweeping generalisation that Melto.
Not really, I used the word "appear" to suggest that it might not be fact, or that there may be some teachers who are more bothered about pupils than statistics. In my experience though, there aren't.

Teachers have it easy,plenty of time off,weekends off and finish at 4pm.Lazy bastards,them and Vicars

Last edited:
Does she read at home at all?
loads of books, always has. It's the fact I sit down and help her with her homework that I notice
Regardless of that, the point being made is that if MK's daughter does make common mistakes like the ones listed then why the feck isn't it being picked up at school ?
exactly
Or maybe the Authorities that be don't think it matters these days
They really don't, when I bring the errors to her attention she says it doesn't matter! And looking at worked that has been marked the mistakes are not corrected. :bang:

So what are they being taught?

have a monthly spelling bee with a fiver prize :)

Don't forget all the great stuff on other cultures.......
My Daughter is 5 and has learnt about Diwali and been taught football by a Forest player.

I'm quite sure there are more important and relevant things to be taught.

TBF, she's doing well at school, but I'm giving her the credit for that, not the school.

I can empathise with you, MK. My son is the same age as your daughter, and I'm as horrified as you by the standards.

His English homework last week was to find 10 facts about hieroglyphics :icon_conf

Last edited:
I can empathise with you, MK. My son is the same age as your daughter, and I'm as horrified as you by the standards.

His English homework last week was to find 10 facts about heiroglyphics :icon_conf

I bet he can throw a snowball properly though

Bring it up at a parents evening. They'll give you a better answer than us.

My English teacher was very focused on spelling and grammar. We were marked more for how we wrote rather than what we wrote.

My sister is on a teacher training course, and some of the stuff and the methods they have to teach is ridiculous. Teaching is definitely going down hill.

My English Teacher was probably the ugliest person I have ever seen in my life

My sister is on a teacher training course, and some of the stuff and the methods they have to teach is ridiculous. Teaching is definitely going down hill.

The standard in Ski Schools is going downhill too

Don't forget all the great stuff on other cultures.......

The 8 year old here was trying to preach to me about God the other day and how I should believe.I informed him that I sold my soul a long long time ago and he would be best off watching The Simpsons with his brothers

I'd rather my kids read the Argos book than just staring at pages of words that mean nothing to them.
I'm more than happy for my boy to develop his reading with a book on modern weapons. Can't do any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46