bloody annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
what every ski school needs is a mogul

I doubt they would be any good at skiing they can barely put one foot in front of the other and all that dribbling wont help.....

noun.jpg

On a similar note it drives my missus mad when kids in her class don't use capital letters in the correct place. I tried to explain that the current trend is towards txt spk and capitals are dropped all the time on web pages, in particular with company names.

Edit: Or what Joe just said

Many years ago, when it was first built, my mum (a local primary school teacher) wrote to complain about the bad example set when the "hinckley health centre" sign went up. I think lower case was deemed to be trendy.

One of my school reports said that I "worked well as a hole". To my embarassment my mum used to correct my reports and send them back.

The teaching of proper English is probably forbidden in case it offends someone. To a certain extent now, teaching is aimed at the lowest common denominator. Since streaming has been discouraged and mixed ability classes are commonplace then those kids who can't do it will get the attention, whilst the bright ones will have to sit and wait for the rest.

I had a student come into our office the other day bringing two new students with her. It transpires that they are new to the school and need usernames and passwords setting up on the school network. No problem really, just need their names and a choice of password. Only one problem, they have only a passing familiarity with the alphabet as we know it and are unable to speak or understand a single word of English!!!!!!!

And you wonder why our kids are struggling at school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46