Blue Cards

camberwell fox

In an attempt to once again Americanise football, further trials are to be commissioned on the introduction of the “blue card.”

The blithe card would be issued as a 10 minute sin bin cooling off when an infringement isn’t deemed worthy of a yellow card in situations such as dissent.

Article:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...adful-response-radical-9087832?int_source=nba

Shit idea if you ask me.

Concentrate on getting the application of VAR. right first without adding another layer of controversy.

In an attempt to once again Americanise football, further trials are to be commissioned on the introduction of the “blue card.”

The blithe card would be issued as a 10 minute sin bin cooling off when an infringement isn’t deemed worthy of a yellow card in situations such as dissent.

Article:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...adful-response-radical-9087832?int_source=nba

Shit idea if you ask me.

Concentrate on getting the application of VAR. right first without adding another layer of controversy.

Will be helpful for times when one of the super league teams are struggling to break down a solid defensive effort.

Article:

Shit idea if you ask me.

Don’t need it don’t want it. **** off.

Sin bins have been used in junior football for a bit now. My issue with most of this stuff is that there are already provisions for punishment in the laws of the game, they’re just not used as they could be, so this is the result.

It’s on the radio. If it’s for cynical fouls is it only blue because it matches the Man City kit?

Also if it’s for dissent and protecting referees - just make it easier to give reds. Soon stop.

And call it out after.

“Why did you give that player a red card”

“Because he called me a ****. And you can’t do that.”

Just more confusion and blurred lines.

If you want to stamp out dissent just punish it with yellow and red cards.

Encourage managers like Klopp to have some ****ing standards and not whinge on constantly about referees.

I can already picture a situation where Man City rotate fouls for an hour and as soon as an opposition player complains he gets removed from the pitch for 10 minutes. It’ll still be subject to the ref’s interpretation of what ‘cynical’ means.

Imagine how ****ing long games will last for now. VAR, blue cards, endless pretend injuries. No consistency or logic with the amounts of stoppage time.

It’s a ****ing joke, I’m convinced this is purely designed to manipulate the league table into the shape the Premier League wants to see.

The simpler the game, the better. With VAR and blue cards, they’re protecting themselves from underdogs upsetting the apple cart and damaging their brand.

Wibble

I can already picture a situation where Man City rotate fouls for an hour and as soon as an opposition player complains he gets removed from the pitch for 10 minutes. It’ll still be subject to the ref’s interpretation of what ‘cynical’ means.
Would that work though? Wouldn’t they be blue carded and sin binned for cynical fouls?

They could just punish dissent according to the laws off the game (as it usually is in the Sunday league stuff I've been in) - with the added advantage of reducing some of it as well - this would just be a bue rag to the bulls

They could just punish dissent according to the laws off the game (as it usually is in the Sunday league stuff I've been in) - with the added advantage of reducing some of it as well - this would just be a bue rag to the bulls
Exactly. Or foul or abusive language, too. As I said above, the laws are there already.

Would that work though? Wouldn’t they be blue carded and sin binned for cynical fouls?

There are various theories for why man city wouldn't be punished. Easiest answer is that they're man city.

Depends what the ref deems cynical though doesn’t it? Just means barging a player over then pointing at the ball as if if you’ve made a legitimate tackle instead of kicking your opponent’s heels.

I quite like blue cards. Better than the drivel you get in Hallmark ones.

What are they doing to our game? I can name just one thing in all my years watching the game that has actually improved it - that of stopping goalkeepers handling backpasses. The six second rule which would also improve it is now never, but never applied.
Leave it alone - you are really pissing us off!

What are they doing to our game? I can name just one thing in all my years watching the game that has actually improved it - that of stopping goalkeepers handling backpasses. The six second rule which would also improve it is now never, but never applied.
Leave it alone - you are really pissing us off!
I’ve literally never seen the six second rule applied in a single game

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564