Blues signing Butt

Will Butt sign for Blues?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did O'Leary prove at Leeds? That he could spend the money available to him on tosh such as Johnson, Huckerby, Duberry etc......

He didn't actually win anything at Leeds - They were already a top 5 side when he took over from Graham........

Alot of managers could of done a decent job given the money O'Leary was provided with.

As for Ellis assisting with finances for all of his managers....Why was O'Leary restricted to just a 4 million transfer budget?

i do seem to remember leeds reaching the european cup quater finals, which for any team is a great acheivment

O'Leary would have won the title in his final year if it wasn't for the court case. He brought one or two bad apples but hee also got some brilliant players in and dveloped the younger players superbly.

I have no reason to think Ellis won't back O'Leary with money. As I have said he always backs his managers financially.

while on the topic of brum;
i've been to watch them a couple of times this season as my sisters b/freind is a season ticket holder there.
my honest opinion on them is that are the luckiest team in the league, when they played at the walkers they were very lucky with us having 2 players sent off and them having 14 players, they are like the old arsenal (1-0 to the birmingham) and have only scored 19 so far, but as he pointed out to me today they haven't been outside the top ten!
recently morrisons form is good but they rely on forsell to much. Ther defence is very strong but i don't think they can rely on that for ever, i think birmingham are better than villa at the moment though!

Well, I think that just illustrated how he lacks in man management. He published that book at the time which caused an uproar.

I also read in the 4-4-2 magazine with a Harry Kewell interview - He said that he used to have some baffling coversations with O'Leary, and would often be left confused and bewildered. He's a loony. :wink:

As for Ellis, surely if he was going to back O'Leary with cash, why did he give him only 4 million in the summer? What makes you think Ellis will provide him more based on what was the original transfer budget allocated in the summer? However, you could argue that football fiances have changed and that has influenced Ellis to tighten the purse strings.

It is unforgiveable however the Ellis seems to be more concerned with expanding the stadium when they struggle to get 30k.

teenfox said:
i do seem to remember leeds reaching the european cup quater finals, which for any team is a great acheivment

Wasn't it the semi final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265