Bolton look for Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

artic fox

Wolves get Bolton bid for Davies

Mark Davies is wanted both by Bolton and Leicester, where he is on loan
Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Mark Davies has become a target for Premier League Bolton after handing in a transfer request.

Davies, 20, currently out on loan at League One table-toppers Leicester, was left out of the Foxes' squad for Saturday's home game with Huddersfield.

And Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has confirmed that Leicester have also made an approach for the midfielder.

"We've had bids from both Leicester and Bolton for Mark," said McCarthy.

"We actually want to keep him and have offered him a new deal," added McCarthy after the FA Cup 2-1 home defeat by Middlesbrough, "but he doesn't want to stay and has put in a transfer request."

Telford-born Davies was considered a superb prospect when he first broke through from the Wolves Academy four years ago.

He was rated as the club's best home-grown product since Robbie Keane by then Wolves Academy director Chris Evans, who is now on the coaching staff at Bolton with Gary Megson.

Davies did well when handed his first-team chance under Glenn Hoddle, becoming almost a regular over the latter half of the 2005/06 season. It's kind of sad that he sees his future elsewhere but, if the deal is correct, then we'll do it.

Mick McCarthy on Mark Davies's possible departure

But a pre-season knee injury just a fortnight after McCarthy took over as manager in July 2006 put his career in hold and he missed all of the 2007/08 campaign.

He made a goal-scoring appearance for Wolves in the 3-2 Carling Cup win over Accrington Stanley in August, before going out on loan to Nigel Pearson's Leicester in November.

Davies, whose contract runs out in the summer, has received rave reviews since joining Leicester.

"If there's a deal that can be done that is right it could happen," said McCarthy. "It's a real shame becomes he's come through our Academy and is a good player but hadn't played for almost two years due to injury.

"He eventually gets fit and goes out to Leicester and has done well and now wants to leave.

"It's kind of sad that he sees his future elsewhere but, if the deal is correct, then we'll do it.

"I don't know what has happened with the bids as I don't deal with that side of things but I imagine negotiations will be taking place."

If Davies does leave Wolves would be entitled to compensation as he would still be under 24.

:098: Megson

Welcome to yesterday.......

then Wolves Academy director Chris Evans, who is now on the coaching staff at Bolton with Gary Megson

Bet that's a barrel of ****ing laughs.

The News of the World seems to think Bolton have already got him.

GARY MEGSON has secured the £1million capture of Mark Davies.

Bolton boss Megson had a £650,000 offer rejected but upped his bid to meet Wolves’ asking price for the midfielder.

Meg said: “Mark is a player we have been aware of for a couple of seasons and he’s got massive potential.

“My assistant, Chris Evans, has known him since he was eight and we believe he can make the step up.”

Davies, 20, has spent the past two months on loan at Leicester.

Last edited:
Pearson also thinks he is going to Bolton, slightly annoyed but I'm not overly concerned, we managed fine before him and fine yesterday.

I like NPs attitude, we've got over it and moved on. Maybe some fans should do the same.

We won yesterday without him, we will continue to do so.

If he does turn out for us again, good, if he doesn't c'est la vie, next?

Davies ear were too big anyway. The slightest breeze and he would be over.

Seems the NOTW story was a bit premature. SSN are reporting that Wigan have also made a bid.

One thing is for sure though, he sure ain't coming back here. Let's just move on.

Interesting really; I think he showed us in the few games he played,how much we have missed that Izzet-type of player. No surprise he's gone really...

I think we will miss him long term. Very good at this level, would easily step up to the Championship. Shame he's potentially going. He's still ours I'm led to believe until a deal is done

I think we will miss him long term. Very good at this level, would easily step up to the Championship. Shame he's potentially going. He's still ours I'm led to believe until a deal is done

A one-night stand, a holiday romance, a quick shag behind the bike-sheds - that's all it was. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566